Thread: Can't click in Flash applets sometimes [video]

Beans

Can't click in Flash applets sometimes [video]

I can't actuate Flash interface elements (buttons in Youtube videos, the Pandora interface, etc)sometimes. Some youtube videos, for whatever reason, will not accept clicks. The applet registers the hovering-over of the pointer, because the button will change color, but it will not allow me to click it. I can't figure out a reason why this might occur.

I have linked a youtube video of this happening in Chrome and Firefox (the latest versions of each)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnmDa4PTnRA

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Beans

Re: Can't click in Flash applets sometimes [video]

Thanks for the reply. That looks like it should work. I installed the native 64 bit flash plugin and that also solved the problem. If I discover the problem instead I will try your fix as well.

I used these instructions http://www.myscienceisbetter.info/in...-on-linux.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Can't click in Flash applets sometimes [video]

I have this problem on the native 64-bit plugin and Opera. I can click outside the Flash movie and then my next click inside it will work.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.