Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HowTO : www.raaga.com with (k)ubuntu

Beans

Re: HowTO : www.raaga.com with (k)ubuntu

Hey Visionary,
    The solution you have provided is not working man...Shall I have to tweak the plugins...or install a Firefox Add on called "mediaplayerConnectivity" to check it through...please help...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bharani View Post
    Hey Visionary,
    The solution you have provided is not working man...Shall I have to tweak the plugins...or install a Firefox Add on called "mediaplayerConnectivity" to check it through...please help...

What was the error message? or was there no error message at all? Or just that you were never been able to play at all???....

Did you follow my earlier post without fail? any errors u encountered? and did you close firefox browser when you were executing the commands in my previous post?

If you have successfully completed my above mentioned steps without error and yet you are not able to play from raaga.com, then proceed with the following steps.....

1)Close the browser, open a Terminal and create a symbolic link in your system path that points at the "realplay" script. An example of an appropriate location for your symbolic link would be

$ ln -s /usr/local/RealPlayer/realplay /usr/local/bin/realplay

To Test your work:
    $ which realplay
    $ /usr/local/bin/realplay

The plugin provided by RealPlayer should now handle embedded real media.

2) * Enter about:config into the Firefox address bar. You will see a large list of configurable options for the Firefox browser. In the search bar, enter "plugin". Look for an entry named plugin.expose_full_path and set its value to true. (This will allow you to see the full path to the plugins in the next step.)

* Enter about: plugins into the browser address bar. You should now see a list of installed plugins along with some additional information and their locations in the file system. You see a list of plugins for Realplayer?.so is given, the plugin is installed correctly.If you do not see the installed plugins then i am afraight you need to follow my previous post closely again.

Or i suspect you default plugin for real media could be Totem player which could also stirr up little problems in some systems....to over come that, execute the following commands as well....

3)Just go to the firefox plugins directory located on:

/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins

and remove

libtotem-complex-plugin.so

libtotem-complex-plugin.xpt

type:

sudo rm libtotem-complex-plugin.*

That sould remove the colliding plugins ....

You can also try linking via mediaplayer connectivity, to do that ....

You need to make sure that there's a link to your RealPlayer 10 program's libraries in your Firefox installation's plugin directories.

By default, the directory where Firefox is installed is called /usr/lib/firefox/plugins. So, close Firefox, and run this command:

Code:

$ ln -s /opt/RealPlayer/libnullplugin.so /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/libnullplugin.so

Re-start your firefox and try again...

Good luck pal...cheers!
    Last edited by visionary; August 24th, 2007 at 06:34 PM.

Beans

Wink Re: HowTO : www.raaga.com with (k)ubuntu

Okay Vision,
    I banged my head for past few hours but couldn't get the stuff right...I have done all you have said in the two posts...Finally I tried with media player connectivity but I couldn't find the libnullplugin.so in my realplayer installation directory. so was there any problem with installation..I did exactly like u said b4..please look at my screen shots...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot1.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	41543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot2.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	41544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot3.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	41545  

Beans

Okay Vision,
    I banged my head for past few hours but couldn't get the stuff right...I have done all you have said in the two posts...Finally I tried with media player connectivity but I couldn't find the libnullplugin.so in my realplayer installation directory. so was there any problem with installation..I did exactly like u said b4..please look at my screen shots...

What linux distribution are you using?? The normal directory for firefox is /usr/lib/firefox, but you can verify this by invoking:

Quote:
    whereis firefox

in a terminal. Next you need to find where real play is installed so do
    Quote:
    whereis realplay

Now you need to copy nphelix.so into the mozilla plugins directory so login in as root (su - or sudo depending on your distro) and do:

Quote:
    cp /path/to/nphelix /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/

Where the /path/to is the path to the realplayer plugin nphelix. Do similar for the nphelix.xpt file, except copy it into /usr/lib/firefox/components/. The symbolic link to Realplayer should be in in your path. If you can start it with realplay in a terminal then it is....restart your firefox and try again

Beans

Okay Got the stuff working right...I used the realplayer nightly build from helix community...the problem is firefox is compiled with gcc>=3.2 and realpplayer gold is <3.2...so we need to find a version which compiled with >= 3.2..that's it ...no more wine and no more changing the code....find this file "realplay-10.0.3.748-linux-2.2-libc6-gcc32-i586" in helixcommunity page...

thanks Bro...

Beans

Okay Got the stuff working right...I used the realplayer nightly build from helix community...the problem is firefox is compiled with gcc>=3.2 and realpplayer gold is <3.2...so we need to find a version which compiled with >= 3.2..that's it ...no more wine and no more changing the code....find this file "realplay-10.0.3.748-linux-2.2-libc6-gcc32-i586" in helixcommunity page...

thanks Bro...

Hey bro....

Nice to hear your's is working now....Enjoy the music!!

Cheers!

Beans

The latest version of RealPlayer 10.0.9 has fixes to allow playback on Indian music websites (raaga.com, smashits.com, musicindiaonline.com). You can download the binary from www.real.com/linux or get the deb from the Canonical repos.

Beans

Duplicate post- deleted
    Last edited by sumithar; September 23rd, 2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

Beans

Can you use the navigation buttons- next song, previous song etc?

Also another weird problem- the PCM volume level gets reset with each song, so I have to go back to volume control and keep increasing it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

grab the latest real player nightly builds and update. copy the mozilla plugins, if not copied while upgarde, to the ~/.mozilla/plugins directory

restart firefox! To check, in the address bar, type aboutlugins. You should see the realplayer plugin information

You should now be able to listen raaga.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast