Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: KDE vs. Gnome

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: KDE vs. Gnome

Ok, so I tried KDE, and didn't really like it. I went back to gnome and removed it...or so I thought I did. In the process I had to kill a daemon and I was thrown to the console screen. I'm still new to the UNIX console, so I just waited until my machine stopped cranking and then managed to restart the machine.

The dang cursor is still stuck on the KDE theme, and it won't let me remove it. That and it swaps around depending on if it's over the desktop, or a program window. It's also stuck on the kde one in the login screen. I've tried setting it to the one I want but it's not sticking. How can I fix this?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot59 View Post
    Ok, so I tried KDE, and didn't really like it. I went back to gnome and removed it...or so I thought I did. In the process I had to kill a daemon and I was thrown to the console screen. I'm still new to the UNIX console, so I just waited until my machine stopped cranking and then managed to restart the machine.

The dang cursor is still stuck on the KDE theme, and it won't let me remove it. That and it swaps around depending on if it's over the desktop, or a program window. It's also stuck on the kde one in the login screen. I've tried setting it to the one I want but it's not sticking. How can I fix this?
    Hope this helps: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnome

Beans

I can't choose I'm on kde and I like gnome also

soooooooooooooooooooooo, kde (lol)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yay! No more silly KDE cursors! The mouse does that weird size changing thing though, but it's not that noticeable.

I wonder, is there some equivalent of the 'device manager' in linux? I'm trying to make the subwoofer on my laptop work. So far linux is stuck with using the two tweeters and everything sounds silly.

Beans

I freaking love subjectivity.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345