Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Ubuntu blog started

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Re: New Ubuntu blog started

thanks brutha!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Very clean, straightforward, and not too opinionated. You just show what's awesome about it. I like this blog so far.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I've made a few adjustments now. Switched some graphics and altered colours, so I think it's looking less template-like.
    "Gravity is a harsh mistress" -The Tick

Ubuntu Stoke <-my blog of "things and stuff" usually about Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by hidinginthemountains View Post
    I have started a blog in order to document and share my Ubuntu experience. I'd appreciate some feedback, some comments would be a help in letting me know how I can improve it.

http://ubuntu-stoke.blogspot.com/

Thanks to all who help out
    It looks very nice. Better then mine I believe.
    Linux User: 380654
    CIW Certified Internet Web Professional: 435668

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks Exodist, and nice badges (I had noticed them in their main thread before)!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Not that it will make a huge difference, but I've blown away my dual boot Vista/Jaunty and gone to a straight Karmic install (it buys me 20+GB on an 80GB drive).

It's actually gone fairly well now, the only notable problem I have is one that has twice required a hard reset when watching streaming video.

I think that issue will likely turn out to be xorg-ati related, but it's going to take a bit of time to know for sure.

---

I am still very eager to get feedback on everything about the blog. layout, content, how it brought back nasty childhood memories...whatever. by comment, private message, or reply it's all appreciated.

The layout is getting closer to a point where I can give the major attribution to myself, but because I'm really a clown when it comes to CSS I think the folks I've got parts and general stuff from deserve the main credit!

Beans
    Hidden!

Not that it will make a huge difference, but I've blown away my dual boot Vista/Jaunty and gone to a straight Karmic install (it buys me 20+GB on an 80GB drive).

It's actually gone fairly well now, the only notable problem I have is one that has twice required a hard reset when watching streaming video.

I think that issue will likely turn out to be xorg-ati related, but it's going to take a bit of time to know for sure.

---

I am still very eager to get feedback on everything about the blog. layout, content, how it brought back nasty childhood memories...whatever. by comment, private message, or reply it's all appreciated.

The layout is getting closer to a point where I can give the major attribution to myself, but because I'm really a clown when it comes to CSS I think the folks I've got parts and general stuff from deserve the main credit!
    Hey I just checked it out:

http://ubuntu-stoke.blogspot.com/

...it looks awesome! loads better! you've done quite a bit of work on it!

I look forward to reading future post.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Big thanks 今幸福!

I'm really not very good at CSS, so I'm sort of learning as I go. But I found a decent looking 3'rd party site that I liked, and have been tweaking since then. More than actually changing layouts and whatnot, the hard part comes in the little things. I've tried to add my own favicon, but blogger seems to overwrite it now.

I'm bit too timid to go deleting more of what I think of as "Blogger code" in my HTML. I know I need to keep a blogger badge up somewhere and think I've got that about as minimal as I can (no "navigation bar" if I did it right, just a button low down on the page). It'll be tough for other blogger users to find, but I would like to know (and see examples of) just how drastically you can modify the look of a blogger site without violating their rules. Just curious.

Beans
    Hidden!

Big thanks 今幸福!

I'm really not very good at CSS, so I'm sort of learning as I go. But I found a decent looking 3'rd party site that I liked, and have been tweaking since then. More than actually changing layouts and whatnot, the hard part comes in the little things. I've tried to add my own favicon, but blogger seems to overwrite it now.

I'm bit too timid to go deleting more of what I think of as "Blogger code" in my HTML. I know I need to keep a blogger badge up somewhere and think I've got that about as minimal as I can (no "navigation bar" if I did it right, just a button low down on the page). It'll be tough for other blogger users to find, but I would like to know (and see examples of) just how drastically you can modify the look of a blogger site without violating their rules. Just curious.
    I sent you a PM.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

got it thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12