Thread: jaunty netbook remix .iso problems

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

jaunty netbook remix .iso problems

I have been trying to get an iso of jaunty netbook remix so I can install to usb flash drive. My wife really wants to try it on her Dell mini 9 before she commits to it. I downloaded the .img from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ and tried several tutorials using several differnt programs to make the .iso but it always fails because of errors. I am trying to convert this on a system with jaunty xubuntu jaunt desktop. Is there anywhere I can just download the .iso form of this?

As always thanks for any help you can give.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji Ruo View Post
    "I'm a Microsoft Executive, and force-feeding anti-Linux propaganda to retailers was MY idea."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: jaunty netbook remix .iso problems

Jaunty had UNR packaged as .img and I don't think there is an iso available. Regardless, you should be able to write to a usb with usb-imagewriter from Jaunty's repositories. If you want it as .iso, get Karmic instead of Jaunty.

Beans
    Distro

yes I tried image writer but it would not read the .img files I always got errors and it will not complete.
    "I'm a Microsoft Executive, and force-feeding anti-Linux propaganda to retailers was MY idea."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Have you tried the Karmic UNR release?

Beans

If I understand correctly that Xubuntu Jaunty is already installed, all you need to do is follow the tutorial in the link below, but change the very last part of the line from "sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop" to "sudo apt-get install ubuntu-netbook-remix"

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnomejaunty

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminsuman View Post
    Have you tried the Karmic UNR release?
    No I do not want karmic on it.

If I understand correctly that Xubuntu Jaunty is already installed, all you need to do is follow the tutorial in the link below, but change the very last part of the line from "sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop" to "sudo apt-get install ubuntu-netbook-remix"

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnomejaunty

No currently the netbook has xp. I want to install jaunty netbook remix to an external drive or usb flash drive. I guess I will try your method though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thumpszilla View Post
    No currently the netbook has xp. I want to install jaunty netbook remix to an external drive or usb flash drive. I guess I will try your method though.
    I misunderstood your comment "I am trying to convert this on a system with jaunty xubuntu jaunt desktop."

In that case, I suggest following the official instructions from the ubuntu wiki: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...n/FromImgFiles

If that doesn't work, please be more specific than "it always fails because of errors"; i.e. copy and paste the actual errors here so people can help you.

Beans
    Distro

Well I downloaded the image writer tool for windows popped that and the netbook remix.img on a flash drive and installed to the flash drive off a windows pc. Worked like a charm and the wife has now went full linux and loving it. Thanks for all the help.