Thread: the grub editor from 9.04

Beans

the grub editor from 9.04

Hello Canonical gang.

Say, someone messed up again.
    Two key problems here.

1. The grub editor is unavailable for installation with the 9.10 distro in the i386 version. I'm a part-time developer and maintenance guy. I need that program. It is a life saver and I can't remove grubs except with that program.

2. I liked the old search and application installer better than the new one.
    It is too constricting. Can we go back to the old one from 9.04 or 8.04? I liked that one better - how about an option to choose between them in installation?

Other than that, aces. No other problems with it on this side. Thanks.
    Tsmgroup2
    - Have you seen the new site?
    tsmgroup2.biz

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: the grub editor from 9.04

Quote Originally Posted by tsmgroup2 View Post
    The grub editor is unavailable for installation with the 9.10 distro in the i386 version. I'm a part-time developer and maintenance guy. I need that program.
    Which grub editor are you referring to? If you did a fresh install of 9.10, you're now using grub2, and none of the grub legacy editors will work with grub2, or will work in a very limited way.

Beans

Re: the grub editor from 9.04

Quote Originally Posted by oldos2er View Post
    Which grub editor are you referring to? If you did a fresh install of 9.10, you're now using grub2, and none of the grub legacy editors will work with grub2, or will work in a very limited way.
    Thank you for that Ann. That explains a lot. I was looking for kgrubeditor the one that was available for both 8.04 lts and 9.04 i386 versions. I hope they make an upgraded one that works with this and later versions. Do you know how to edit the grub2 in a text editor or appropriate
    editor to removed older boot loaders?

Thank you for the assist.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release