Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tribes: Ascend

Beans

Tribes: Ascend

Does anyone know if the Tribes: Ascend beta works on Linux? Specifically Ubuntu 11.10. I'm wanting to play it on here. Hopefully someone knows.

That and Blacklight Retribution, but mainly Tribes: Ascend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Tribes: Ascend

Moved to Wine forum.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm going to try for you, as I am interested myself..I'll let you know when the download finishes.
    I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile. Your (insert censored word here) will be laminated!
    Registered Linux user #155941

Beans
    Hidden!

Fail. Cannot even complete the install. it tries to run an authentication and install service which won't work. It appears to use .net, I'll continue to try by installing .net in a prefix see if it works, but not likely to!

Have to be later though..time for work
    I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile. Your (insert censored word here) will be laminated!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by schtufbox View Post
    Fail. Cannot even complete the install. it tries to run an authentication and install service which won't work. It appears to use .net, I'll continue to try by installing .net in a prefix see if it works, but not likely to!

Have to be later though..time for work
    That sucks, I thought it was supposed to have native Linux support, at least so I thought. Maybe the actual release will.

Let me know if you get it working.

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Failed totally. In Wine and Crossover cannot even get it to install. The HiRez downloader software bugs out even with .net installed.
    There may be a Linux client planned, but it's not there at present, and the windows client won;t install :/ Perhaps they will also release the client via steam like the did with Global Agenda. As far as I am aware you can play Global Agenda on Wine via steam, bt not through the HiRez downloader.
    I'll try it if they release via steam too...(they haven't yet)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Has anyone even emailed hi-rez to find out of they will make a linux client? I will sign a petition to bring this game to linux as well pay little more if need be.
    Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65
    Videocard: Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Ram: 2x 4GB DDR3-1333 Single
    Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T Tray

Beans
    Hidden!

Just noticed that this is now available via Steam, so I shall give it another go and post the results.

-Update, it still uses the Hi-Rez launcher after installing via steam, so therefore it still fails.
    Last edited by schtufbox; September 17th, 2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: update

Beans

Wink Re: Tribes: Ascend

Seems some of the folks on the Tribes Next forum have got things running. Check it http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=2095.0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by nixitup View Post
    Seems some of the folks on the Tribes Next forum have got things running. Check it http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=2095.0
    That's for Tribes 2, a different game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast