Thread: HIS Radeon Graphics Card or something else

Beans

Unhappy HIS Radeon Graphics Card or something else

Hi--

I recently made a number of changes to my set up, and need a little advice. I just installed a new graphics card (mentioned in the title) in my computer so that I could connect it via HDMI to my TV (Panasonic Viera). All of the new changes work just fine, except for start up. There is a very long delay before the login screen comes up. I get the boot screen and everything, and then there is a very long moment of nothing but blackness. Long as in... up to 5 minutes.

The picture is great, and everything else seems to work okay. I can't tell if it's the video card, the computer, or something else I've changed in my setup.

The HDMI cord is new also, and I'm using a logitech playstation keyboard with an Asus bluetooth dongle. I'm running the last 64bit version of Ubuntu, Intel motherboard, core 2 duo processor, 8gigs of PNY ram, 1TB harddrive (can't remember the brand at the moment).

Please be gentle, I'm still very new to linux.
    Last edited by a.nu.leif; May 2nd, 2010 at 12:08 PM.

Beans

Re: HIS Radeon Graphics Card or something else

Okay... I wasn't sure before, but I noticed that turning the TV off and on again after it boots brings up the login screen. Are there any possible fixes for this? Thanks!