Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Arrow Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Good news about Panorama feature.

http://www.conceivablytech.com/8520/...refox-panorama

The new improvements are already available in Firefox 6, 7 and 8.
    Hmm may give it another go...
    TBH its going to have to go some to beat "Tree Style Tabs" though.

I am becoming a big fan of the fast release cycle
    So am I its just starting but you can see how good thing are going to get
    Last edited by SilverWave; July 22nd, 2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Added Details

Beans
    Distro

Arrow RequestPolicy Your New Best Friend On The Web

Just to underline how much cross site stuff this add-on protects you from, have a look at the screen shot!

You are cutting out 99% of the risk with this one add-on.

I am highlighting it here as having this type of add-on is *the* difference between Firefox and Chrome, and as expected it always gets bumped to work whenever a new Firefox comes out.

RequestPolicy

Be in control of which cross-site requests are allowed. Improve the privacy of your browsing by not letting other sites know your browsing habits. Secure yourself from Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) and other attacks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menu_010.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	198084  
    Last edited by SilverWave; July 22nd, 2011 at 06:19 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: RequestPolicy Your New Best Friend On The Web

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    Just to underline how much cross site stuff this add-on protects you from, have a look at the screen shot!

You are cutting out 99% of the risk with this one add-on.

I am highlighting it here as having this type of add-on is *the* difference between Firefox and Chrome, and as expected it always gets bumped to work whenever a new Firefox comes out.

RequestPolicy
    Nice. Thanks for sharing. So far it seems to catch all the stuff Ghostery blocks and more.

Beans
    Distro

Arrow Looks like Chris is building a Firefox 6.0~b3 ATM

6.0~b3+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1~mfn1
    Not copied to my PPA's yet as Chris has Publishing disabled atm.

So the polishing of Firefox 6.0 continues with this beta refresh from Mozilla... nice

Beans
    Distro

Beans
    Distro

Arrow Re: New Firefox 6.0~b3 cppied to the Beta PPA's

Interesting...

Changelog

firefox (6.0~b3+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1~mfn1) natty; urgency=low * New upstream release from the beta channel (FIREFOX_6_0b3_BUILD2) * Unconditionally build with --disable-elf-hack. It's basically a noop on Ubuntu, as we don't get any of the nice space saving and startup time improvements that upstream builds get with it. Enabling it is problematic (it fails to build on all architectures in Ubuntu from Firefox 7 onwards, and is problematic on armel when building on older Ubuntu versions) - update debian/rules - update debian/mozconfig.in * Refresh debian/patches/reload-new-plugins.patch -- Chris Coulson <chris.coulson@canonical.com> Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:29:01 +0100
    Elfhack

Home » Elfhack
    elfhack is a part of the Mozilla build system that optimizes relocations in compiled libraries. For more information about elfhack, see:

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

@SilverWave
    I can't use that version "firefox (6.0~b3+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1~mfn1)" with Lucid Lynx.
    But I'm interested to find out what build options have been used.
    Please will you post the "Configure arguments" from about:buildconfig.

Beans
    Distro

Arrow Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

Quote Originally Posted by ron999 View Post
    @SilverWave
    I can't use that version "firefox (6.0~b3+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1~mfn1)" with Lucid Lynx.
    You need to use this PPA for Lucid:

Lucid
    https://launchpad.net/~silverwave/+archive/testing6
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/testing6
    Update & Install

Code:
    sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install firefox
    I have just tested in a VM and it upgrades from FF3.6 fine.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ron999 View Post
    @SilverWave
    Just in case you still need this...

Code:
    about:buildconfig
    Build platform
    target
    x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
    Build tools
    Compiler     Version     Compiler flags
    gcc     gcc version 4.4.3 (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5)     -Wall -W -Wno-unused -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -W -pedantic -Wno-long-long -g -fno-strict-aliasing -pthread -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -g -Os -freorder-blocks -fomit-frame-pointer
    c++     gcc version 4.4.3 (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5)     -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wcast-align -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-variadic-macros -Werror=return-type -pedantic -Wno-long-long -g -fno-strict-aliasing -fshort-wchar -pthread -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -g -Os -freorder-blocks -fomit-frame-pointer
    Configure arguments

--build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --libexecdir=/usr/lib/firefox-6.0 '--with-l10n-base=/build/buildd/firefox-6.0~b3+build2+nobinonly/build-tree/mozilla/l10n' --disable-maintainer-mode --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules '--srcdir=/build/buildd/firefox-6.0~b3+build2+nobinonly/build-tree/mozilla' --disable-elf-dynstr-gc --disable-install-strip --disable-strip --disable-updater --enable-application=browser --enable-default-toolkit=cairo-gtk2 --enable-startup-notification --enable-pango --enable-svg --enable-mathml --enable-safe-browsing --with-distribution-id=com.ubuntu --without-system-jpeg --without-system-png --without-system-zlib --enable-optimize --enable-tests --enable-mochitest --enable-ipdl-tests --disable-system-cairo --without-system-nspr --without-system-nss --disable-system-sqlite --disable-system-hunspell --enable-crashreporter --enable-official-branding --enable-gnomevfs --enable-update-channel=beta --disable-debug --disable-elf-hack

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    Just in case you still need this...
    Yes, thanks.

Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast