Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 714

Thread: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

  1. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Tab Candy

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    Mozilla bolting Tab Candy on to Firefox 4 today

    I wonder if I will end up using this...

    I am happy with Tree Style Tabs... but this looks cool and it is built-in... hmmm.
    Wooohooo! I'm going to replace my 4.0b3 with the 4.0b4pre right away. Great news! Thanks for sharing.

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Tab Candy

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    I wonder if I will end up using this...

    I am happy with Tree Style Tabs... but this looks cool and it is built-in... hmmm.
    Try it. I had tried it before, but now that is officially built in, I'm incorporating it into my workflow. I'm loving it. I can create groups of tabs and save them, so whenever I start the browser I have everything I need already opened, organized by activities.

    I would recommend using BarTab, to prevent the content from loading until you need it.

    BTW, Firefox Sync is already built-in too. You can sync bookmarks, passwords, preferences, history and tabs.

    Firefox 4 will definitely shake the browser market!

  3. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow BarTab

    Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Try it. I had tried it before, but now that is officially built in, I'm incorporating it into my workflow. I'm loving it. I can create groups of tabs and save them, so whenever I start the browser I have everything I need already opened, organized by activities.

    I would recommend using BarTab, to prevent the content from loading until you need it.

    BTW, Firefox Sync is already built-in too. You can sync bookmarks, passwords, preferences, history and tabs.

    Firefox 4 will definitely shake the browser market!
    Already using "BarTab" with "TreeStyle Tabs" for instant start with 37 tabs, I honestly don't know how ppl work without it

    Oh re Sync, its vital with 6+ desktops, although tab integration isnt as good as I would like.
    Last edited by SilverWave; August 14th, 2010 at 07:00 PM.

  4. #174
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: BarTab

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    Already using "BarTab" with "TreeStyle Tabs" for instant start with 37 tabs, I honestly don't know how ppl work without it

    Oh re Sync, its vital with 6+ desktops, although tab integration isnt as good as I would like.
    I must admit I never tried "Tree Style Tabs" before because the screenshots on the extension page weren't very appealing to me. But I'm trying it now and I'm impressed with the quality and quantity of options. I guess it will take some time before I get used to it, but it is a lot better then scrolling the tabs on the top.

  5. #175
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow TabCandy

    Wow TabCandy is fantastic!

    Checking out the latest Firefox-4.0B4pre in my Testing PPA and I'm so impressed that I am going to publish an extra update to my "One Daily A Month" PPA's

    This is the Firefox innovation that we have been missing!
    Last edited by SilverWave; August 14th, 2010 at 10:43 PM.

  6. #176
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: TabCandy

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    Wow TabCandy is fantastic!

    Checking out the latest Firefox-4.0B4pre in my Testing PPA and I'm so impressed that I am going to publish an extra update to my "one daily a month" PPA's

    This is the Firefox innovation that we have been missing!
    You should try combining it with Speed Dial. You can put a copy of speed dial on every TabCandy group, and make each one use a different dial group. I'm going nuts with this stuff

    BTW, anyone experiencing issues with saving TabCandy? When I restart the browser, my groups are reset.

  7. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

  8. #178
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow Re: TabCandy

    Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    BTW, anyone experiencing issues with saving TabCandy? When I restart the browser, my groups are reset.
    Nope.

    Just tested my 64bit Lucid and saving fine.

    Maybe try my PPA and see if there is any difference, its a Daily from the 14th.

    If you are using Lucid...

    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/one-daily-a-month-1
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox-4.0
    Last edited by SilverWave; August 14th, 2010 at 10:33 PM.

  9. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: TabCandy

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    Nope.

    Just tested my 64bit Lucid and saving fine.

    Maybe try my PPA and see if there is any difference, its a Daily from the 14th.

    If you are using Lucid...

    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/one-daily-a-month-1
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox-4.0
    The Mozilla build from 14th is not working well here. But I guess is because of many extensions I have forced to work or perhaps some settings that are deleting the tabs.

    I'm using the build from Friday 13th. Wooooooo, scary

  10. #180
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow Extension Testing

    Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    ...because of many extensions I have forced to work...
    hmm if I want to force an extension I usually install MrTech Toolbox or just bump the max version what's your preferred option?

    Firefox-4.0 is starting to interest me so I may want to start playing with it again
    Last edited by SilverWave; August 15th, 2010 at 12:30 AM.

Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •