Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 714

Thread: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,893
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Firefox 4 Beta PPA out!

    On 32-bit install I get:

    ~$ /usr/bin/firefox-4.0
    /usr/bin/firefox-4.0: 175: Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "fi")

    I've tried to add "fi" but... No time to parse the whole file...

    On the "+" side it uninstalled 3.7 and xulrunner1.9.3... xulrunner is now 2.0...

    Update: The same happens in 64-bit install... Both are on Maverick...
    No 4.0 today, except the one from nightly...
    Last edited by zika; July 12th, 2010 at 06:31 PM.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,893
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Firefox 4 Beta PPA out!

    Fixed, new version arrived!
    (32-bit, 64-bit still in works...)
    Last edited by zika; July 12th, 2010 at 08:03 PM.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow Re: Firefox 4 Beta PPA out!

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    Fixed, new version arrived!

    Heh just got in from work and started testing... got and error message and googled for it... and the seach pointed to my how-to!

    heh , spooky or what?

    So off to get the latest build and start again.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:2.0b2pre) Gecko/20100712 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) MozillaDeveloperPreview/4.0b2pre
    heh 64bit finally built !

    FF4.0 is here:
    https://launchpad.net/~silverwave/+archive/testing0/
    https://launchpad.net/~silverwave/+archive/testing1/

    only tested superficially on 64bit Lucid

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,893
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

    It lasted less than a day...
    Code:
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     firefox-4.0
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
    Setting up firefox-4.0 (4.0~b2~hg20100712r47341+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd1) ...
    update-alternatives: error: alternative path /usr/bin/firefox-4.0 doesn't exist.
    dpkg: error processing firefox-4.0 (--configure):
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     firefox-4.0
    (32-bit, did not test 64-bit yet...)

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    It lasted less than a day...
    Code:
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     firefox-4.0
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
    Setting up firefox-4.0 (4.0~b2~hg20100712r47341+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd1) ...
    update-alternatives: error: alternative path /usr/bin/firefox-4.0 doesn't exist.
    dpkg: error processing firefox-4.0 (--configure):
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     firefox-4.0
    (32-bit, did not test 64-bit yet...)

    try :
    Installed: 4.0~b2~hg20100712r47317+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd2~lucid

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,893
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    try :
    Installed: 4.0~b2~hg20100712r47317+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd2~lucid
    I'm on Maverick. I do not like to mix... But, thank You, nevertheless...
    It'll be fixed soon, I hope. That makes me use Chrom{e,ium} more...

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    I'm on Maverick. I do not like to mix... But, thank You, nevertheless...
    It'll be fixed soon, I hope. That makes me use Chrom{e,ium} more...
    try :
    Installed: 4.0~b2~hg20100712r47317+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd2

    What I mean is just go back a version...

    Saying which a new one was being built as I posted, so hopefully that build will work.
    Last edited by SilverWave; July 13th, 2010 at 06:55 PM.

Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •