Thread: Auto upgrade on Ubuntu 9:10 not working

Beans

Auto upgrade on Ubuntu 9:10 not working

Hi All,

I upgraded from Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 last month and have never received a file update. I upgraded today manually using apt-get but do not see a program in Synaptic to install a auto upgrade as was included in 9.04. How can I install the program? Appears to have been left out of the upgrade to 9:10 on installation over Internet. Thanks

Beans

Re: Auto upgrade on Ubuntu 9:10 not working

Update to post. The program - Update Manager is installed on the system but and can be activated under, Administration - update manager but it is not running in automatic mode even though, under installed software it states it is running in auto. Any ideas to activate it is say over my head?? Thanks. Ed.

Beans

Re: Auto upgrade on Ubuntu 9:10 not working

Hi All, I seem to have solved my problem. On my desktop I dragged the top application bar to the bottom of the screen. The icon for updates appears in the bar under the application bar. I also put a extra shutdown notice on the bottom left side of the screen and placed it where the icon for updates appears so the icon was in the way. This area is also used to notify user of where he is at at the moment so placing anything there blocks the notices, I believe. I moved the shut down icon up to the application bar and today was notified updates were available. Just info to any concerned. Thanks for reading the post. 'Merry Christmas. EdWh.