Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splash Image Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Splash Image Issues

I am running Karmic Koala, fully upgraded. I have install startupmanager to change the usplash but no matter which usplash i see a strange splash image with circles, color meter, rectangles, just like when you are playing with a monitor's settings...

right now i tried http://www.ubuntu-art.org/content/sh...?content=92805 with startupmanager run from commandline to checkout any errors/warnings but everything went fine and i still get that weird usplash from 80s.
    - ^root^, Error404NotFound, sleeping`dragon, |404NotFound| on irc.freenode.net
    Blog | Company | @err404notfound

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Splash Image Issues

9.10 now uses xsplash so I am not sure how far you are going to get with usplash.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hmmmm, and any resource to get xsplash images? or to convert usplash to xsplash?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

and btw xsplash is for gdm theming, right?
    I want to change the bootup screen, then one that shows white ubuntu logo.... the one before loading gdm...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

This thread may help you : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1333683

I can not tell if you are wanting to change your grub splash, xsplash, or GDM theme
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

I would suggest reading the link in my sig so thatt you have a better idea of what grub2 is all about.

I think this is the best in depth link on grub2;

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1195275

I also would encourage you to remove SUM. It is not going to be very helpful yet and may well stop you from doing some things. Give the guy a chance to get it updated to function right with grub2.
    Dell 480 XPS 3G ram Quad Core 2.40GHz, Radeon HD 2400 PRO, Audigy1, 3x320G HDD, 320G External, Debian Testing for use, Debian Squeeze for secure use, Debian Sid for FUN

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by shoaibi View Post
    I am running Karmic Koala, fully upgraded. I have install startupmanager to change the usplash but no matter which usplash i see a strange splash image with circles, color meter, rectangles, just like when you are playing with a monitor's settings...

right now i tried http://www.ubuntu-art.org/content/sh...?content=92805 with startupmanager run from commandline to checkout any errors/warnings but everything went fine and i still get that weird usplash from 80s.
    i think this is what your are going for?
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Gr...%20&%20Theming

Code:
    sudo apt-get install grub2-splashimages
    ---
    Big A

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    This thread may help you : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1333683

I can not tell if you are wanting to change your grub splash, xsplash, or GDM theme
    Lets have a walk through:
    (In General):
    BIOS Screen -> Grub -> Boot Screen with white ubuntu logo in the mid of screen-> GDM starts with the brown background, ubuntu logo and progress bar -> shows login

I wanna change the screen that appears "after" grub, the one with the white ubuntu logo in the mid of the screen.

Xsplash as far as i can understand deals with gdm, as i "have" changed it and thus my login windows have show great improvements, but i am interested the in the screen before even GDM starts.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

It seems that the most recent grub2-splashimages installs a slightly different etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme, so those instructions may be a little dated.

I installed it on my Lucid machine -- after saving my original /05_debian_theme -- and have been looking through it to make sure that I get the new one right.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

re-install grub from the live cd
    Blackened is the end!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast