Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One: Uploading folders

One: Uploading folders

I've had a folder with several pictures that I need to have in several computers, but uploading one by one can be eternal...there's not an option to upload the whole folder or, even better, upload using any FTP client?.
    Besides, if there is a chance to setup a FTP client...what are the settings?
    Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: One: Uploading folders

i think the best thing to do is to put those pics in an archive and upload the archive, ,might work... archiving it, you need to figure that out.
    Fraternitas Sacerdotalis Sancti Pii X

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Chapita View Post
    I've had a folder with several pictures that I need to have in several computers, but uploading one by one can be eternal...there's not an option to upload the whole folder or, even better, upload using any FTP client?.
    Besides, if there is a chance to setup a FTP client...what are the settings?
    Thanks!
    The best way to upload a folder or multiple files is to use the Ubuntu One client. If you are not using Ubuntu to upload files to Ubuntu One then your next best option is to zip up the files and upload them that way.

Thank you,

Joshua

Beans

With Karmic I simply copy the folder in Nautilus and then paste it into the Ubuntu One folder. This has worked for me at times and seems very easy however there are apparently some bugs that are being fixed.
    100% Microsoft Free Since April 2, 2009

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

If you have installed the Ubuntu One client, you just need to create the folder as a subdirectory and it will automatically be there online as well. They've made it incredibly easy, you guys are overcomplicating it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

BTW FTP is not so secure...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ctdahle View Post
    If you have installed the Ubuntu One client, you just need to create the folder as a subdirectory and it will automatically be there online as well. They've made it incredibly easy, you guys are overcomplicating it.

that's right

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ctdahle View Post
    What you just described mostly doesn't work for me. Hours of trials of file sharing between two computers. Some sporadic success, but mostly just frustration. It would have been fair to tell "Service not ready for serious use. May or may not work properly." Documentation is also too scarce - as if some one was thinking that the less there's documentation, more simple the service appears to be.

Beans

You can use dropbox-- it works like a charm.
    Just go to Dropbox.com.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I totally agree: Ubuntu One is not working properly (so please don't say we over overcomplicating things, it just doesn't work).
    If you upload a directory tree, only the files in the "root" directory are synchronize, while for the subdirectories are uploaded, but these subdirectories are empty.

So just sticking to DropBox...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast