Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pidgin sys tray icon missing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Pidgin sys tray icon missing

Quote Originally Posted by stanwang View Post
    The solution is simple,
    Click on "Tools" and go to "Preference" then Select the choice "System Tray Icon" as "Always" then click on "Close".

I am sure it may solve your problem.
    You're right, this solved the problem. Now I can close the buddy list without completely closing pidgin and the online status notification can be seen on the sysem tray. thank you a lot
    www.dnsstock.com
    Domains for life

Beans

This 'fix' is not working for me. I can't get the Pidgin icon to appear in my system tray. I used Dconf editor and set my whitelist to 'all' and I set my pidgin settings to set the icon in the status bar 'always'. I also tried various themes of Ubuntu precise, but it's clear it's not a contrast issue -- the icon simply isn't there.

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
    Release: 12.04
    Codename: precise

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12