Thread: btnx-config with multi-touch trackpad problems

Beans

btnx-config with multi-touch trackpad problems

so I have an asus eee-pc 900 and it has a multi-touch trackpad. the multi-touch features already work - double tap to middle click, 2 finger scrolling, and triple tap to right click. i'm aware that there is also a 3 finger scroll and it isn't functional.

that being said, i wanted to use btnx to make it work. i have btnx on a desktop computer running 64 bit kubuntu and it works great in that with my 5 button mouse, but it doesn't detect my trackpad whatsoever. how do i make it work?

Beans

Re: btnx-config with multi-touch trackpad problems

btw, a quick comment, i did read the manuals about this and none of them really helped me figure out what to do. the only insight i got from it was the device has to be usb and i know the touch pad isn't. i don't know why or how that would be a problem though

Beans
    Hidden!

Btnx hasn't worked in over 2 years. Look into xbindkeys and xmodmap.

Beans

xbindkeys-config isn't what i'm looking for - it seems to only let me use keyboard shortcuts. btnx is good because its deigned for the mouse to be mapped to keyboard shortcuts. btnx actually detects the device. i don't know what xserver considers each button on a multitouch trackpad, its not as obvious as it is with a regular mouse and i'm not sure if xbindkeys even knows how to use every button on a mouse
    Last edited by schmidtbag; December 12th, 2009 at 03:58 AM.