Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Norway's crazy light "show"

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Norway's crazy light "show"

It is no longer a theory. Even the Russian ministry of defense says that it was a Russian missile with an engine instability.

"Das russische Verteidigungsministerium bestätigt offiziell, dass eine "Instabilität" im Motor der dritten Stufe zum Versagen der Rakete führte."
    http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/t...666316,00.html

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I'm not meaning this as a comment to upset you but those videos take bulls**t to quite another level. For example that thing happened at night, and the first video claims it was towards the sun.
    And the destroyer?

In the famous words once more:
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnst*r View Post
    what the hell
    Ubuntu user #20092 || I can't sing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Vodoo and Blender?
    Something more cheap or more expensive?
    Sorry for my bad English
    Before buy Check your hardware is compatible on Ubuntu Hardware Compatibility List.

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by koleoptero View Post

In the famous words once more:

^^i approve of this message.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by crimesaucer View Post
    These are 4 videos that are very interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXMv2...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY4f1IwQSSY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McL6Q...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O00CQ...eature=related

I don't like to claim anything so definitive like "the destroyer" or "ufo", but at the same time I wouldn't be so quick to jump on board with the Russian missile explanation either (disinformation tactics, perception management, and a track record of lies can't be so trusted).

I watched this story unfold on the internet, and I scanned all of the comments as new developments popped up. What I observed were the same groups of people that are quick to quote pop-culture explanations of 2012, LHC, and Roswell, and their rebuttal groups of the myth-buster types that are so quick to quote any government new source without any thorough fact checking. I choose to keep an open mind and at the same time can't accept the "failed missile" story that creates perfect stationary spirals from various photo angles and locations.
    Even though those videos are complete bull, the second and fourth ones contain a Rage Against the Machine song. Which really makes up for the stupid video.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jwbrase View Post
    Really what you more need to accept the "Russian missile story" is a knowledge of physics rather than any special trust for governmental authorities. I first picked up the story on a space flight forum, and the thread in question gives some links to some similar failures at lower altitudes. http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11550

Also, the still images I've seen generally looks quite photoshopped, but the video footage shows no sign of tampering, and to my eye supports the rocket theory.
    If your only argument is possible photoshops and some nautical readout then that's not much more of a leg to stand on than the ufo people's theories:

ZCZC FA79
    031230 UTC DEC 09
    COASTAL WARNING ARKHANGELSK 94
    SOUTHERN PART WHITE SEA
    1. ROCKET LAUNCHING 2300 07 DEC TO 0600 08 DEC
    09 DEC 0200 TO 0900 10 DEC 0100 TO 0900
    NAVIGATION PROHIBITED IN AREA 65-12.6N 036-37.0E
    65-37.2N 036-26.0E 66-12.3N 037-19.0E 66-04.0N 037-47.0E
    66-03.0N 038-38.0E 66-06.5N 038-55.0E
    65-11.0N 037-28.0E 65-12.1N 036-49.5E
    THEN COASTAL LINE 65-12.2N 036-47.6E
    2. CANCEL THIS MESSAGE 101000 DEC=
    NNNN

If you are the physics expert here (and I most definitely am not), then can you please explain to me why the perfect swirls from various angles of live videos are stationary, and don't change as fuel would burn out? Would this be because the missile was out of our atmosphere? And if that is the fact then the boost needed to get a missile out of our atmosphere would surely be seen as a direct trail from ground to space..... and that trail would linger for a while after anybody saw the spiral effect so there would be videos of the trail AFTER the spiral effect.... like 20 minutes of photos and cell phone videos of the remaining trail AFTER the spiraling had stopped.

Or how about the stories of anyone seeing a missile in flight BEFORE the spiral effect? Any sailors or fishermen out in the sea give any reports, or other people at 8:00AM..... I know if I were outside in the pre-dawn light and there was a rocket launching into the clear cloudless sky then I would probably see it before an illuminated spiral happened.

And how about pictures from the different security webcams that captured those long exposures that you call photoshop, then how is it that the spiral effect stays so perfect in nature to the center (without moving, and without the supposed spiral fuel exhaust dissipating into the atmosphere like most fuel trails do from airplanes or rockets). And then how would the spirals remain so tight if it were an out of control missile. And also, how quick would the photoshop experts need to all start making pictures to go along with the breaking news story that so many witnesses just saw with their own eyes. It would seem easier to just link some nautical readout that no one knew about until it just surfaced from some "smart" guy who thought to check for it (before it took off like wild fire through every comment board about this).

From the page you linked, here is a video of a missile being self destructed: http://orbiter-forum.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=32

notice that in that 1 minute and 25 seconds that it shows the Trident II missile spiraling out of control, take notice of all of the smoke and exhaust. It's still visible even on the water from where it was launched a minute and a half earlier. And the exhaust from the missile is thick as it spreads out and lingers in our atmosphere, not to mention the irregular shape that it becomes once it is blown around by the winds..... now where are the pictures and videos of lingering exhaust trails from this supposed missile and anything that would show it was actually in our atmosphere?

And if this were an out of control missile then compare it to the Trident missile and its misshapen irregular exhaust spirals to the perfect spirals seen in most videos and pictures of this. And where is the other debris? Where is the arch of it going up and then coming down.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&

I rarely believe youtube videos for how they are pieced together to make their points since they usually come from some serious wingnuts and jessus freaks (like all of those Illuminati videos). But in these types of youtube videos you can sometimes find interesting pieces of information that don't necessarily need to be part of the latest conspiracy theory that is being presented......

And with this said, I only wanted to point out the ancient spirals and how they closely resembled the same spiral patterns, and the strangeness of the NASA SOHO images (which I know nothing about). So, if there are any experts out there that can give links to the exact place these images of the sun came from and why there were dual time stamps as well as why it stopped on December 7th when that large flare up was shown on the edge of the screen then I would love to hear it, or see it debunked.

And if all you guys can come up with is some tired *** "tin foil hat" jokes than you're saying this to the wrong person.
    Last edited by crimesaucer; December 11th, 2009 at 02:17 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RATM_Owns View Post
    Even though those videos are complete bull, the second and fourth ones contain a Rage Against the Machine song. Which really makes up for the stupid video.
    Interesting point, how do you feel about the lyrics of Zack De La Rocha?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by pwnst*r View Post

apparently a failed missile launch, but cool looking nonetheless.

linky

I call shenanigans. I am prior Navy and no idiot. There is no way I can even imagine a missal causing a precision spiral in the sky, if it was caused by a missal and clouds. The clouds would distort due to wind in the air. Not to mention the blueish spiral light shooting out from it. At best I can imagine that is was a laser light show or a secret experiment. IDK. I will have to review the information some more.
    Linux User: 380654
    CIW Certified Internet Web Professional: 435668

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Exodist View Post
    I call shenanigans. I am prior Navy and no idiot. There is no way I can even imagine a missal causing a precision spiral in the sky, if it was caused by a missal and clouds. The clouds would distort due to wind in the air.
    Thank you.

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

hey now, i didn't SAY it was a missile. i'm siding on that it wasn't, and i'm not some raving UFO/Alien fanatic either. very skeptical.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast