Thread: Google Chrome Error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Google Chrome Error

Hello, everyone.

I think my Google Chrome is not processing some features right. When I enter the Chess.com website, it displays incorrectly, even though my Firefox display correctly. (I'm using the new Google Chrome, released officially by Google in beta).

I'll attach the screenshots.

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Re: Google Chrome Error

Bump.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

It looks fine here. What happens if you rename the Google Chrome preferences file (it's in a hidden folder in your home directory) so it generates a new prefs file?
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Have you considered that the website might be buggy? Many pages display "correct" with firefox although there are coding errors.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    It looks fine here. What happens if you rename the Google Chrome preferences file (it's in a hidden folder in your home directory) so it generates a new prefs file?
    I don't think it's related to that... I noticed it just after installing Chrome, so the preferences were brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsource View Post
    Have you considered that the website might be buggy? Many pages display "correct" with firefox although there are coding errors.
    Well, it could be that... But how can one say if it's that?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Try by down-grading Chrome or by downloading an older / newer version. This should fix it. Are you sure that Chrome has the right plugins?
    Blackened is the end!

Beans
    Distro

It's already the last version. It's going to be automatically updated when there's a new version, because the installer added the repository to the list automatically.

What do you mean it has the right plugins, I think that doesn't require any plugins... That must be plain Javascript or CSS or something like that, nothing too fancy...

Beans

It looks good to me.
    Chromium 4.0.270.0 (34429) dev version.
    Try with the attached script i made. It will d/l and unpack/upgrade the latest Chromium dev version (generic linux, all needed stuff included) in your home folder and make a menu link for it. It is totally different from the installed version from repositories, it doesnt change it in any way. It just uses the same preferences folder/files.
    You must runt the script in a terminal. No sudo. It only writes in your home folder.
    If launched a second time, will update to the latest chromium dev version (if) available.

The menu icon is about the same as the installed version's except it is named "Chromium Browser".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
    It looks good to me.
    Chromium 4.0.270.0 (34429) dev version.
    Try with the attached script i made. It will d/l and unpack/upgrade the latest Chromium dev version (generic linux, all needed stuff included) in your home folder and make a menu link for it. It is totally different from the installed version from repositories, it doesnt change it in any way. It just uses the same preferences folder/files.
    You must runt the script in a terminal. No sudo. It only writes in your home folder.
    If launched a second time, will update to the latest chromium dev version (if) available.

The menu icon is about the same as the installed version's except it is named "Chromium Browser".
    He is obviously running Chrome and not Chromium.

Anyway, I believe it's just a rendering problem. Since Chrome passes the Acid3 Test (and Firefox doesn't) I can safely assume that the site is buggy.

Beans

Uh... ok. I see. But i rather use the open source version... Especially since it seems to work better...