Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 / Xbox 360 presets for Handbrake 0.94

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

PS3 / Xbox 360 presets for Handbrake 0.94

Handbrake 0.94 no longer has presets for PS3 and Xbox 360. The devs don't use the devices so they wont create profiles for them.

I have copied the presets from 0.93 and have attached them to this post. I can confirm the PS3 one works, but not the xbox 360 (becuase I don't have one).

To get them running in Handbrake 0.94, simply save the attachment(s).

Rename them from:

PS3.txt to PS3.plist
    Xbox 360.txt to Xbox 360.plist

Open Handbrake, go to bottom left corner, click on 'Options'
    then 'Import' and choose PS3.plist or Xbox360.plist.

it should appear in grey in your preset menu, to make it the default setting, click on it, go to 'Options' then click on 'Make Default'

And your done

I can confirm the PS3 one works, if someone could try the Xbox 360 one and leave feedback that'd be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: PS3 / Xbox 360 presets for Handbrake 0.94

Quote Originally Posted by gdbutcher View Post
    Handbrake 0.94 no longer has presets for PS3 and Xbox 360. The devs don't use the devices so they wont create profiles for them.
    "wont create profiles" is inaccurate. The PS3 preset became redundant. Both the "Normal" and "High Profile" presets should work with the PS3. It was no longer necessary to have another preset with the special name "PS3".

So there are multiple PS3 presets. They just are not named "PS3".

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Both the "Normal" and "High Profile" presets should work with the PS3.
    I read that on handbrake website too, but I'm afraid neither of these profiles work on the PS3, thats why I uploaded these old presets.

Hopefully someone else will find them useful.
    Last edited by gdbutcher; December 9th, 2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: correction

Beans

I read that on handbrake website too, but I'm afraid neither of these profiles work on the PS3, thats why I uploaded these old presets.
    This is the same problem we had with the old PS3 preset. Some people claimed it worked, some claimed it didn't. Yet another reason it was dropped. I've not noticed any forum posts that categorically demonstrate that the high profile preset doesn't work. Here's one that says the High Profile preset works fine.

http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic....+preset#p65727

I believe that user did rename the output file extenstion from .m4v to .mp4. Handbrake will use the .mp4 extension if the output file does not have ac3 audio, subtitles or chapter markers. If it has any of those things, .m4v is used for quicktime compatibility reasons.

Beans

I had lots of compatibility issues. The best solution I found was to use a good media server. MediaTomb (Linux) and TVersity (Windows) will let you play any media file.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thank you so much! I haven't tried this yet but the PS3 presets in 0.9.3 worked like a charm for me until 0.9.3 wouldn't run anymore... then I found out they removed them in 0.9.4 and I was ready to kick my monitor in.

Beans

Just wanted to say a big thank-you for this! Have been trying to convert a 720p mkv movie for my Xbox 360 and after several attempts and criptic error messages on my Xbox, I was about to give up. The Xbox preset worked a treat - many thanks!

Beans

Seems to be working like a charm for XBOX360 with Connect360 on a MacBook Pro. Thanks and much appreciated.

Beans

Thanks for posting this! Last night I tried watching a couple of movies on my PS3 where I had used the "High Profile" setting for the conversion and both of them had audio/video sync issues. I hope this clears that up.

Beans

thanks man, hope it works!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast