Thread: Wine Broke, now what?

Beans

Wine Broke, now what?

Well, I finally got Civ 4 Beyond the Sword working normally wine, its been running normally for a week now. It ran fine yesterday. I got home today and installed some updates in update manager. I think this was a mistake, but I need some help troubleshooting as I got pulled away from my computer and missed what was updated. I'm running 9.10 with the PPA repo for wine, and I was using wine 1.1.33 when Civ4 worked. I see that wine was updated, so, thinking that was the problem I deleted my .wine folder and tried to reinstall. However, I disabled the PPA and reinstalled from the 1.0.1 from the main repos. I'm stilling getting porblem that appear to be audio related. I'm not sure that Civ4 worked in 1.0.1 and I'm still getting errors. I see that 1.1.34 is reporting broken with Civ4, so I guess I need to revent to 1.1.32 or 1.1.33. How can I go about doing this, and how can I stick with that version if I want to avoid regressions?

Thanks

Beans

Re: Wine Broke, now what?

I'm Dumb, reverted to the beta in Synaptic (rather than the PPA) and got things running again.