Page 61 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Beans

Smile Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Quote Originally Posted by seventythree View Post
    ltbordo is talking about the linux version nextversion created, not the version that sim-tek uses (which we don't have a copy of)
    I know what Itbordo talking. but just remenber him that Sim-tek is not the real manufactory for VIA minibook, he can not get the right information from Misy Gao. trust me, I checked that.
    Last edited by LikeUbun; March 15th, 2010 at 04:14 PM.

Beans

Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

1. Go to nextvolume's site and download the easypc 0.2 package : http://tails92.sepwich.com/easypc_linux/
    2. Extract the package and follow the walk-through in the "writing.txt" file
    3. If you don't know how to partition a drive I suggest you google it (or if your running mac os x use disc utility)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by seventythree View Post
    1. Go to nextvolume's site and download the easypc 0.2 package : http://tails92.sepwich.com/easypc_linux/
    2. Extract the package and follow the walk-through in the "writing.txt" file
    3. If you don't know how to partition a drive I suggest you google it (or if your running mac os x use disc utility)
    OK, it is so difficult to me. I need to discuss with my friend who has experience on linux...

Beans

When I get mine (hopefully within a week) and I get a chance to play with it I'll do a write up about installing it.

Beans

The email validation problem on my forum is (mostly fixed now).

The forum is here
    http://tinyurl.com/easypc-forum

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LikeUbun View Post
    As I know, They will not promote VT8500, now they only have WM8505. of cause, OS is WINCE6.0 now.

Android system base on WM8505, it will be MP at 15/April. at that time, it will replace WINCE.

To DonutFun : yes. Wondermedia is the subsidiary of Via. That's why VT to WM. it is the same company.

To Mikko: they do porting android by themselves or with 3rd party now. it will be ready at begining of April. I am wondering you can develop linux without BSP.
    How official is that?
    Android has this weird kernel code that is not part of the official Linux kernel. Will they show the configuration or just offer a binary?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by disi View Post
    How official is that?
    Android has this weird kernel code that is not part of the official Linux kernel. Will they show the configuration or just offer a binary?
    they will provide the android system. I think it should be a binary. it is not ready now.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chuck3463 View Post
    If you get this upgrade to work, let me know. I've followed the instructions exactly but my Delstar won't upgrade. The company ignores my email. Thanks. Chuck
    I was finally able to update the Delstar DS700. Using a 1G or 2G SD card (PNY and Kingston) per Delstar's instructions didn't work. I ran repair software on a corrupted 512M Sandisk card and formatted it to FAT32. The update went very smoothly. Obviously, either the card brand or size is important for the update to work.

I also posted earlier that my CNM netbook would lose wifi connectivity when browsing certain sites. I resolved this problem by viewing websites through skweezer.com.

Finally, my CNM netbook won't connect to a pc using active sync. I have tried a straight through usb cable and I reversed the two data wires with no success. I've tried multiple pcs. Any tip would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Chuck

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have seen a similar UMPC that has a custom Linux version installed. It's Elonex's Onet. maybe this can help.

here's a youtube video link:
    http://www.youtube.com/v/O4bY_sgIX20

Beans

When I get mine (hopefully within a week) and I get a chance to play with it I'll do a write up about installing it.

thanks 73, keep us posted, I want to try to do the same thing

ltbordo

Page 61 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast