Quote Originally Posted by Nhyckolah View Post
Hej hej!

I recently bought the netbook equipped with the ARM-VT8500 and I tried everething you said about how to fix the keyboard/mouse problem but i didn't manage to make it work. Does't anybody know how I can figure out if the problem comes from the keyboard or the motherboard?
If the software restore failed,

The keyboard has 3 clips across the top and two screws underneath that hold it in. You could try taking it out and making sure the ribbon connector is properly in it's socket.

The mouse ribbon cable is accessibe via taking all the bottom screws out and unclipping the front of the case. The ribbon cable connect to the mobo just left of center.

Make sure both are in properly, and for the next statement's sake DONT SCRATCH THE CASE!

If still not working, perhaps send back for warranty?

By the way I'm also looking forward for a Linux version to be available for our mini netbook.
Thanks;
Um, that's the purpose of this thread, to find some way of putting Linux on the ARM 926 based SoC Netbooks....

So far PrFaas has managed to get a serial console working, I've compiled several Kernel's that 'support' the demo boards that the CPU's are based on. We're basically waiting on one of us to put the two together and get a Kernel running properly on it.

I'm waiting on parts from the UK for the serial connection, and I beleive PrFaas is getting around to building the Kernel based on the config I've supplied whenever he has the time... Others are trying their attempt at reverse engineering the WinCE kernel and other various paths towards getting a greater understanding of the platform.

We're not far off, once we get a 2.6.x Kernel going, the LCD won't take much with serial debugging and we're well on our way to slapping a filesystem on it and booting X.