Page 63 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Beans

Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Emmm. The netbook haven't work "from the box", or after some actions U made?
    Do U put the correct files to your SD? They are packed to archives several times...

People, who had already installed easy linux, is it possible to install some other packages to SD or internal memory, running the LiveSD Linux? I mean, will this updates be saved to some storage and loaded after next Linux bootup without the installation of it one more time?
    Thanks.

Beans

In fact, i bought it for nothing because of this problem !
    But i'm sure of one thing : it didn't read the SD card.
    Because even with the wrong software something must happens after "Loading OS Image ..." !
    Thanks.

Beans

That was my fault probably ... i tried to format the SD with a Windows XP (instead of OS X) in FAT (16) and ... it works ... but stupid i'am ... ... i was sure it was dead so i tried to boot it without the small card with the wm8505 on it ...

And now to start the netbook i had to press "power on" few time until the led is on and then press the "reset" button.

I must had kill a component ... just like a motherboard witch only boot when you manually short the green pin to the ground ...

Beans

All hello, sorry for my english. I'm really need a file battdrvr.dll from original image WM8505 CE 6 (not smart book firmware). I'm flashing in my WM8505 VT8505Software.rar firmware - and now not correctly determined the level of battery charge.

Beans

Talking Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Hello, All!!!please, sorry for my english... i have problem: after updating firmware on the netbook wm8505 keyboard not working...(before updating it work well) I have download any firmwares from many sites for wm8505(vt8505)(and ask firmware from seller) but after updating problem not resolved. In log of SerialView: warning: parse keypad param failed.. i dont know how was before updating firmware, but this string is Suspicious. Is anyone have same problem? Maybe you now the way to resolve this problem...

And another quastion: were i can find linux for wm8505, if it there?

p.s. sorry for my english....
    Last edited by psycat; March 29th, 2010 at 12:40 PM.

Beans

A little off topic but the reason I am here is i was wondering if anyone has been able to install any programs on theres. .cab files made for arm will not install on mine and no active sync. thats how i found you even if i have to switch to linux which i am not opposed to just to be able to do something with the unit besides what came with it. I have read 90% of this thread and you guys are making more progress than any where else ive seen. I am just starting on linux so not very knowledgeable so i try to read everything i can any good tutorial sites please pm me.
    my unit noname smartbook
    using serial view has
    vt8500 chip
    300 proc speed
    128 ram
    2g storage

Beans

Hello all.. I don't mean to be a pain, and I am assuming my question has proberly already been asked. But Is it possible to install windows XP on one of these 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500...

If so can someone please tell me how to do it

Beans

No such possibility. Because the ARM architecture of the processor.

Beans

Bad news, My smart book base 8505 failed after my damage testing

Good news, I got the new "machine", In fact, it is only test products. but it also android system. I'd like to share with all.

By the way, I also got the picture for final product, and it looks so lovely . I am waiting for a real machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Is the picture on the left a 'photo frame' with a strapped-on mainboard? Anyway: cool to see something else than WinCE on this kind of machines

Page 63 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast