Page 65 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Beans

Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

I'm almost willing to get one of the android ones if I can find one.

@Wicknix

Thanks,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LikeUbun View Post
    what I get is new machine, I am not sure it can update from wince to this OS. will check later.
    Tried 2 machines, one is same with my new mini-book, upgrade android OK from WinCE6, but another one do not work, I thnk maybe its hardware is differrent with the new one.

Beans

I find a interesting 10.1" laptop, it also android base on wm8505, and seems it will MP at end of this month. does anybody can tell me what's different android with apple? what I know is android is more open than apple ipad, but the price has huge range. I think 10.1 laptop should be more suitable for me.

find here:
    http://www.ebookpc.net/product_view.asp?id=36

and I get a picture for this products. looks good
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Tried 2 machines, one is same with my new mini-book, upgrade android OK from WinCE6, but another one do not work, I thnk maybe its hardware is differrent with the new one.
    Hi!
    This are great news
    Could you provide some information about the updated device? I assume it contains a WM8505 chip, but what about RAM, ROM, WiFi and Screensize?
    How did you update? Simple copy and run?
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by ch4rlii; April 11th, 2010 at 11:48 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ch4rlii View Post
    Hi!
    This are great news
    Could you provide some information about the updated device? I assume it contains a WM8505 chip, but what about RAM, ROM, WiFi and Screensize?
    How did you update? Simple copy and run?
    Thank you in advance!
    Basically, 7" mini book base WM8505 using same RAM 128M, 2G Nandflash, wifi also should be same. seems if it has another different hardware used will be not work after upgrade.

how update? simply, they provide update file, copy to SD card, turn off the machine, plug in SD card, then turn on machine, it will update by itself, and after update, it will show "remove SD card and machine will reboot again",er something like that, then reboot, you can see Android system. that's all
    Last edited by LikeUbun; April 11th, 2010 at 04:48 PM.

Beans

Basically, 7" mini book base WM8505 using same RAM 128M, 2G Nandflash, wifi also should be same. seems if it has another different hardware used will be not work after upgrade.

how update? simply, they provide update file, copy to SD card, turn off the machine, plug in SD card, then turn on machine, it will update by itself, and after update, it will show "remove SD card and machine will reboot again",er something like that, then reboot, you can see Android system. that's all
    have u got the the android software to update the netbooks? is it possible to upload it?

Beans

LikeUbun,

Would you provide your Android files that I can download, so I can copy them into the SD card and upgrade my 7in EPC ARM8505 Netbook.

I prefer Android instead of its orginal Windows CE 6.0

Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by moblo View Post
    have u got the the android software to update the netbooks? is it possible to upload it?
    yes, I get the update file. It is DEMO system, it can be normal use but will show "DEMO purposely" on the title bar.

I had uplaod to www.esnips.com , you can register there and invite me to be your friend. then you can share this files.

Plus, I am not sure it will be OK using my files.

PS: How to invite me to be friend at www.esnips.com?
    (1) give me your register email address, i can invite you.
    or
    (2) after sign in, find "my menu" at right-top before "sign out", click it looking for "firends", then will open a webpage, find "invite friends", click it will popup a new window, input my email address" likeubun@gmail.com" at the blank box below "your friends' email address", and click "Send". system will send a mail to me.
    Last edited by LikeUbun; April 12th, 2010 at 05:36 PM.

Beans

@LikeUbun :

Hi, don't you have a simpliest way to share us your android's files ? esnips is overloaded ...

i really want to try it

Thanks a lot !
    Thierry

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dadwarf View Post
    @LikeUbun :

Hi, don't you have a simpliest way to share us your android's files ? esnips is overloaded ...

i really want to try it

Thanks a lot !
    Thierry
    Would it not be possiblt to upload to something like rapidshare or megaupload?
    And I very much appreciate you taking the time to upload the files!

edit:
    I have registered on esnips, but cannot find the files.
    Last edited by moblo; April 12th, 2010 at 10:41 PM.

Page 65 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast