Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Beans

Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Hello all,

I tried the new vr. but it stops at:

card protected!card-->stat---->0x10*****

any Ideas?

thanks

Beans

so we are still sitting at the same point of my kids not able to play there flash games im starting to wish i never bought this dang thing!

Beans

Just to let you guys know I have created the page http://easypc.wikia.com/ as a centre for information. With uni work I do not have the time at the moment to complete all of the pages, but anyone can edit pages on this wiki. I have created a basic theme and pages so that we have a starting point. let me know what you guys think and those of you who are in the know, i would appreciate your help in filling out the pages with the information.
    Thanks

Beans

@moblo: seen & registerd for it...

Just FYI/FYA: i've attached a small set of scripts:

1) to disassemble a binary dump of -for instance- a u-boot: mkdis. To disassemble was a bit less trivial than i had guessed. I ended up using objdump (from the arm toolset..), but that needs a bit of pre-processing.

2) very 1 <-> 1 : a small awk script to convert a md.b dump from u-boot itself into such a binary 'blob'. Using that one is as follows:

Code:
    awk -f hex2bin <dumpfile >binaryfile
    NB: i had to rename both files in order to make the ubuntu forum software accept them at all.... I added a nonsensical .txt extension to the filename. Please remove that one mkdis is a simple shell-scrips (make chmod a+x to make it runnable), and hex2bin.awk is an awk script....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

I uploaded a description of the SPI flash contents and a program I made to show saved U-boot environment variables from Easy PC Linux on my site.
    Expect EasyPC Linux 0.2 with X11 in this week

Does Wikia allow to export the SQL database? If it doesn't, then putting content in it is uselsss as it wll be gone if something bad happens.
    Last edited by nextvolume; March 1st, 2010 at 12:26 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nextvolume View Post
    I uploaded a description of the SPI flash contents and a program I made to show saved U-boot environment variables from Easy PC Linux on my site.
    Expect EasyPC Linux 0.2 with X11 in this week

Does Wikia allow to export the SQL database? If it doesn't, then putting content in it is uselsss as it wll be gone if something bad happens.

Im am so looking foward to this will it suport the VIA ARM- vt8500 i can not waint for this thank you in advance

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jgundo View Post
    Im am so looking foward to this will it suport the VIA ARM- vt8500 i can not waint for this thank you in advance
    And I'm for vm8505

Beans

I have uploaded some documents about the VT8500 which I found on the internet here. Two are about U-boot for the vt8500 and one is the datasheets for the soc itself (it resembles the one for the vt8430). Other than this, I have uploaded the source code for U-Boot for the VT8500.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

So is this 0.2 going to have wireless? or at least DHCP so I can use the interwebz?
    either way that's awesome! am I still going to need the two different partitions?

Beans

When waiting for the 0.2, I got into trouble.
    I messed my system (vm8505) with ver 0.1. I managed to do recovery. I can not find a way to get wifi working.
    It seems that I'm missing the driver dll for the wifi?
    In the Settings -> Network Connections I have
    - Make New Connection
    - ADSL
    - Active sync (which was not originally functional, now it seems to be)
    - 3 G Modem
    - GETCE6B1 (for wired lan I suppose?)
    Shouldn't there be a dll (in \Windows) and entry in this window for something like RT2XXX ?
    If so, could someone please give the dll needed? Or instructions if I got it all wrong.

Best Regards,
    Mikko

- waiting for linux

Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast