Page 101 of 124 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1233

Thread: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Beans

Question Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Quote Originally Posted by DonutFUN View Post
    I'm sorry smart734 But that's actually out of the question, it has an ARM processor not an X86 so there is no Ubuntu for it right now.
    But on another hand you are quite lucky you got the WM8505 and not the VT8500 like me, there is a Dibian for it, or an Android for it, if you go a little further back in this thread you will find the links to install it and also the instructions on how to install it

Good luck
    I have such un 8505 based chinese 7" netbook and have been rather successful at installing it, though I did not found it in this thread but instead by googling 'linux 8505' or 'linux ARM'. What is odd is that this debian can't know anything with the built-in 2 Gb storage. lshw clearly shows it is not known from the system. Has anyone be successful at it?

Beans

Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

to complete my previous post, I found my debian for ARM 8505 here: http://bur.st/~abrasive/wm8505_linux/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hey, if anyone has a broken one of these their willing to either give away or sell for cheep please email me at geronazzo_nicholas@ymail.com.
    I have one but the battery sensor is broken, so not only does it not tell me when its charging, or how much charge is in (always says 100%), it also kills itsself slowy over a couple of days, it i leave it unpluged, even it im not using it, it dies on its owen and wont turn on at all after like 2 days. its rather annoying

so if you have one with like, a broken screen, or keyboard or anything, and are willing to sell for cheep please contact me

HAS TO BE VT8500 BY THE WAY (just capsed so everyone reads)

Beans

Ok, so my netbook came in the mail. It doesn't have the F1 option. Any ideas? I want to make a backup of it. And then start working on porting linux to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DonutFUN View Post
    ... the battery sensor is broken ...
    HAS TO BE VT8500 BY THE WAY...
    @DonutFUN: What is wrong with it exactly? People in this thread are fairly good at EE. Maybe take some pics of the netbook's sensor?
    Last edited by scu-ba-de-buntu; August 26th, 2010 at 07:57 AM.

Beans

Hi guys,

Does any one knows if there is an option of installing Android Apk's on SDcard ?

My 200MB of internal space got almost totally full and the system is getting to slow!!

I know there are some "Apps-to-SD" guids that suitable for Linux. Is there a way to do that on Android 1.5 OS (WM8505)?

Do you also experience a Laggy OS after installing a lot of apps on the internal memory?

And Is there a way to UNinstall Build-in Apps? (Like dialer)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Its not a problem that can be fixed, the power adapter broke off inside it, and when i was getting it sottered back on two of the points were touching, and it fried the sensor so it always says its 100% full and just kills itself over time

Beans

Smile Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

In the Android 1.52
    http://orca.st.usm.edu/~cberry2/andr...-Smartbook.zip

Can I use the Russian keyboard, and typing in Russian?

Beans

HI DODO410

The answer is YES. you can add Language & keyboard support for the Android 1.5 here:
    http://code.google.com/p/softkeyboard/
    I Did that with My Wm8505 on Android 1.5 os.

the Developer wrote : "supporting lots of languages: English, Hebrew, Russian, Arabic, Lao, Bulgarian, Swiss, German, Swedish, Spanish, Catalan, Belorussian, Portuguese, Ukrainian and many more."

First install the SoftKeyboard.APK and only then the SoftKeyBoard Russian Language Pack.

Regardsless of this Lang'Pack you will need to add Fonts manually, http://code.google.com/p/softkeyboard/wiki/InstallFonts

Transfer the Fonts files into System/Fonts and replce the existing ones.

Then go to settings and put SoftKeyboard as deafult.

*In thw WIKI tab you will find step by step guides.

Let me know if you managed to do this.

Boby

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

so I wanted to know some stuff about the serial port you guys found, i dont know a lot og the techno speech so i was just going to ask it simply:
    when you say its a serial port does that mean the old com port? (almost looks like an inverted VGA monitor port)
    and if so how the heck do you translate it (what pins connect to what of the 4 spots); can you just put a com port onto thins thing, i have a program on my pda (its old and plugs into com) that suposidly monitors serial info and stuuufff)

I just kinda want to know what happened without having to read 20 pages, just to not understand what you did in the end anyways

Beans

Question Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Please I have a question of this netbooks, I bougth a 7" netbook with VIA ARM-920 266 Mhz processor and 256 mb of ram but I can't find a linux for this tipe of processor, can anyone help me with a link? or the distribuition for wm-8505 and vt-8500 can be installed in my netbook?

Thanks.

Page 101 of 124 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast