Thread: Battery meter at 100% all the time

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Battery meter at 100% all the time

I have a Dell inspiron 1150. when I was running Ubuntu off the live CD, it told me the battery level fairly accurately. now that I've taken the plunge and installed it, it stays at 100%. now I did some research, and someone put forth the idea that if it works off the CD but not off the hard drive, it's a BOIS problem or a hardware problem not the fault of the OS. I'll accept this, if indeed it's the case, but how do I fix this problem? as it was working under windows, should it not also work under Ubuntu?

need advice, please and thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb Re: Battery meter at 100% all the time

There appears to be a bug in gnome-power-manager in Karmic. You could go into synaptic and search "laptop" to see avaliable packages for replacing. For instance: ibam
    IBAM is an advanced battery monitor for laptops, which uses statistical and
    adaptive linear methods to provide accurate estimations of minutes of
    battery left or of the time needed until full recharge. It requires APM, ACPI
    or PMU.
    You might also try enabling Karmic-Backports in Updates section of Software Sources.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Battery meter at 100% all the time

Quote Originally Posted by lidex View Post
    There appears to be a bug in gnome-power-manager in Karmic. You could go into synaptic and search "laptop" to see avaliable packages for replacing. For instance: ibam

You might also try enabling Karmic-Backports in Updates section of Software Sources.
    ok, I installed it, but I don't see it in my system>admin or prefs, or my apps. so how do I use it or does it automatically take over for gnome's?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb Re: Battery meter at 100% all the time

Never used it; referred to it as an example. It's up to you to decide what is appropriate from the available options.

Apparently this is a command line program -- no gui, so probably not what you're looking for.

Info

Beans
    Distro

Re: Battery meter at 100% all the time

Quote Originally Posted by lidex View Post
    Never used it; referred to it as an example. It's up to you to decide what is appropriate from the available options.

Apparently this is a command line program -- no gui, so probably not what you're looking for.

Info
    I am lookin for a GUI one, if one is available