Thread: Starling/Nano Cordless Mouse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Starling/Nano Cordless Mouse

I just saw these yesterday - a cordless mouse that has a tiny USB receiver that doesn't stick out of the computer. I've always had good luck with Logitech devices, so I'm looking at their version and it says it requires Windows or Mac and also an internet connection to download software (driver?) So I'm wondering if the technology in such a small receiver requires a driver, and won't work in my Starling? Does anyone have one of these devices with a tiny USB receiver that was simple plug-and-play and worked in their Starling?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Starling/Nano Cordless Mouse

I have this one, and it works fine.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have a Logitech V450 nano and it works fine, even vertical scroll. Laser, nano receptor and very long battery live = Absolutely great mouse!

I don't know if it is sold anymore, though. I think you can now find the M505, but that one features a "Unified" receptor, and I don't know how well it works in Ubuntu, but I'd guess it does.
    Busques ajuda? Comença pel wiki de l'equip català!

Beans

I have the M305 on a Pangolin (Panp5). It works just fine with one notable caveat:
    If I boot up with the nanoreceiver plugged in, it often (but not always) cause X to fail to start or to start in safe mode, with an error about initializing axes. See my post about "Black screen on start up" (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1332444).
    Last edited by jtappin; December 8th, 2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added link.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickVogeli View Post
    I have a Logitech V450 nano and it works fine, even vertical scroll. Laser, nano receptor and very long battery live = Absolutely great mouse!
    They still have this one - I read the reviews and ordered one for me, one for my son. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickVogeli View Post
    I think you can now find the M505, but that one features a "Unified" receptor, and I don't know how well it works in Ubuntu, but I'd guess it does.
    Does anyone have any experience using these 'unified receptor' products from Logitech on Ubuntu?

Beans

I use the RocketFish nano mouse from BestBuy on my Starling. Works perfectly. It's typically $40, but happens to be on sale right now for $34.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MichaëlVD View Post
    Does anyone have any experience using these 'unified receptor' products from Logitech on Ubuntu?
    I've been using the M505 mouse with no problems on 9.10, just plug it in. Can't vouch for using the unified receiver with anything else but the mouse.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

i also have a wireless rocketfish nano mouse ,
    works great on Ubuntu,
    and my other 2 wireless USB mouses work perfectly with it to.

sorry if that's irrelevant. lol
    5.5 GB's Free Ubuntu-One Cloud Storage~
    Click Here