Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iam a NEWB! HELP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Iam a NEWB! HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Swindlerz View Post
    thanks ukripper + BDNiner
    Problem 2 is now solved... I removed the jumper and used another jumper from another hdd. It is now working. No idea why but if i use the jumper (or should i say the faulty one), problem occurs.
    Jumpers connectors may be worn out or connection between metal pins maybe blocked inside (jumpers are suppose to supply connection between HDD pins) - it can happen. Use torch to see inside of the faulty jumper and see if the metal pins are not obstructed by plastic inside.
    Last edited by ukripper; December 8th, 2009 at 05:35 PM.
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Beans

Talking Re: Iam a NEWB! HELP

Quote Originally Posted by BDNiner View Post
    2nd problem

You should never unplug and replug IDE devices while the computer is on. The is a very good chance that you will damage the hard drive and lose the data.

What error message displays when the computer freezes if any? Are there any system warning beeps? How do you have the devices arranged on your IDE cables?
    Agreed....never ever ever unplug IDE devices while you're using on the pc.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ZachK_ View Post
    Agreed....never ever ever unplug IDE devices while you're using on the pc.
    Some people want to learn it hard way I guess.
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Beans

Talking Re: Iam a NEWB! HELP

Quote Originally Posted by ukripper View Post
    Some people want to learn it hard way I guess.
    I guess...sad...let's fix that shall we?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ZachK_ View Post
    I guess...sad...let's fix that shall we?
    always in!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Regarding your choppy flash playback, there have been some problems with recent versions of flash/ubuntu. Worth trying on as many flash sites as you can to see if it always happens.

Also, you appear to have a 1Ghz processor, which I would say is right on the edge of coping with flash playback. On the official flashplayer site, a 450Mhz processor is listed for windows, but 800Mhz for linux. I have an old 1Ghz AMD tower, and it struggles to play flash.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by heyho View Post
    Regarding your choppy flash playback, there have been some problems with recent versions of flash/ubuntu. Worth trying on as many flash sites as you can to see if it always happens.

Also, you appear to have a 1Ghz processor, which I would say is right on the edge of coping with flash playback. On the official flashplayer site, a 450Mhz processor is listed for windows, but 800Mhz for linux. I have an old 1Ghz AMD tower, and it struggles to play flash.
    yes your right just checked "http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/systemreqs/"
    i thought linux will require less resource but yeah this should be the reasoning.
    I always thought its my graphics card not installed (i find it too complicated to install)

thanks heyho
    Last edited by Swindlerz; December 8th, 2009 at 06:51 PM.

Beans

Nice to hear that you have some of your issues resolved. I attempted to install an ATI card (on board card on my MB) but gave up after a weekend. I took the Nvidia card out of my 2nd computer and bought a replacement for the 2nd machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12