Thread: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory no servers?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory no servers?

I've recently installed Enemy Territory on my computer and when I go to 'play online" or whatever it leads me to an empty box where the list of servers should be. And if I try to refresh the servers, my internet cuts out for about 10 seconds. I thought it may be a port issues, so i opened all the ports needed, so its not that. Im a bit of a beginner so some pretty detailed instructions would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: It also does this for Urban Terror
    Last edited by momrocker; December 7th, 2009 at 05:24 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory no servers?

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unbump, rebump
    EDIT: Really, noone knows??? At least a suggestion? Maybe some troubleshooting? Someone could at least try to help...
    Last edited by momrocker; December 7th, 2009 at 05:58 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

not that i play ET but if i am not mistaken urban terror usually takes you to a "lan" room when you first open the multiplayer aspect menu.

There must be somewhere you can click to swap through your options of multiplayer "lan" "favorites" "all servers"

If you can grab a screenshot of the server room and post it here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by 5nak3 View Post
    not that i play ET but if i am not mistaken urban terror usually takes you to a "lan" room when you first open the multiplayer aspect menu.

There must be somewhere you can click to swap through your options of multiplayer "lan" "favorites" "all servers"

If you can grab a screenshot of the server room and post it here.
    It was set to "internet", so thats not the issue.

And also, I do not know how to take a screenshot inside a game, so could you please clarify? as i said at the beginning I'm kind of a "computer noob"

EDIT: the three selections in urban terror were internet, local, or favorites, so im assuming internet would give me "all servers", correct?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

right ok, well I'm not 100% how to take a screenshot. What I would do is (again I'll use urban terror as the example as I've only played that):

1) Start urban terror
    2) Go into the game graphical settings and choose an option to make the game window mode
    3) Once the game is in window mode depending on the keyboard there should be a "prt sc".

Doing this should take a print screen.

Nonetheless if as you pointed out the setting is already on "internet" what you have to do with urban terror before you see any arenas is select the option titled "get new servers" or "update server list" or "refresh sever list".

I've not logged in for a while and am not 100% sure on the wording but it is something along those lines. If I'm correct the button required should be towards the bottom left hand side of the screen.

I'm assuming that ET should also have very similar options.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by momrocker View Post
    I've recently installed Enemy Territory on my computer and when I go to 'play online" or whatever it leads me to an empty box where the list of servers should be. And if I try to refresh the servers, my internet cuts out for about 10 seconds. I thought it may be a port issues, so i opened all the ports needed, so its not that. Im a bit of a beginner so some pretty detailed instructions would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: It also does this for Urban Terror
    Urgh...