Thread: HOWTO: Install Multiple Wine Version on the Same Computer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

HOWTO: Install Multiple Wine Version on the Same Computer

Hey All,

So I've kicked around the idea of being able to install multiple versions of Wine on the same system to resolve the issue of some programs running better with certain patches or Wine versions than others (and also as a safe fall from regressions Wine can suffer from now and then)

After much Googling and a few lines of code I've gotten figured out and compiled: HOWTO - Install Multiple Wine Version on the Same Computer

Figured I would share on here in case others where wondering how to go about doing this.

Regards,
    ~Jeff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HOWTO: Install Multiple Wine Version on the Same Computer

More than one year ago, I made multiple wine installer:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=942269

DK

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Interesting idea, a link to that thread never showed up on Google for me when I searched around for "multiple wine versions on computer" and other such terms.

That being said I kinda like mine a bit better because it allows you to keep the most current Wine installed as the default "wine" command & mine does not require a custom script to work.

Cheers,
    ~Jeff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by beastrace91 View Post
    Interesting idea, a link to that thread never showed up on Google for me when I searched around for "multiple wine versions on computer" and other such terms.

That being said I kinda like mine a bit better because it allows you to keep the most current Wine installed as the default "wine" command & mine does not require a custom script to work.

Cheers,
    ~Jeff
    Actually it is the same, the default wine would sometimes caused problem in both methods. You could install default wine if you want.

The script is just for installation, it make it easier to use. The advantage of my method is you do not need to compile wine in case of using deb packages.

DK