Thread: mediatomb/ps3 intermittent connection problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

mediatomb/ps3 intermittent connection problems

I have mediatomb running on ubuntu 9.10 and am accessing the data from a ps3. Sometimes while viewing a vid, the sound will drop out followed by the vid hanging and an error (folder/file moved or something of the sort).

This problem is especially bad in a "New Downloads" folder which is always updated (as the name suggests). What I see on the ps3 accurately reflects what is in the folder, but half the time the vids won't play. The error on the MT console reads "Object Not Found" - and I'm looking right at these files.

The problem would be easier to track down if it happened all the time. But this is not the case. Sometimes it will work fine. Sometimes I can even watch a complete video with no problems. Then MT won't play anything without failing or losing connection.

I've been dealing with this problem for over a year now with no fix. I'd love to be able to sit down and watch a new download from the ps3 without spending over an hour troubleshooting with no success.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: mediatomb/ps3 intermittent connection problems

Also, every 2 weeks or so the mediatomb database seems to become corrupted. Instead of my custom database directory which is named "All Media", I only see "PC Directory" which is the default (and EMPTY) mediatomb db directory.

This is such a POS. Is there really nothing else out there?