Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dvd burner

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

dvd burner

I'm having this problem with brasero and gnomebaker.How can I set gnomebaker not to delete the existing data on a disc before burning new data.Whenever I want to add something,the utility tells me how much of the disc is already used,but when I burn (hoping to add)it erases the existing data.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: dvd burner

Nobody?OK,then my next question is:"is it possible to run Nero under wine"?If yes,could someone tell me how to configure it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Can I suggest that you try K3b, it's in the repositories. It has a multisession option when you go to the burn window.
    Athlon 3500+, 1Gb ram, Geforce 6200TC, Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMG-9-RH

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I know.But,I always get the 255-error.This can be solved by setting the writing-mode to tao.Only,I don't seem to have this option,only auto.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've tried brasero,doesn't work.I've tried gnomebaker,keeps giving errors.Tried K3b,keeps giving errors.Now I've installed nero linux.Incapable of starting multisessions.So up until now none of the burners is capable of burning (adding) extra data on a disc.I've tried numerous dvd's which already have data (avi-files) on them.It's just impossible with the burners I've tried.If I want a dvd with several items on it,I must make sure to stock them somewhere cause when I want to add something I have to erase the disc first and burn everything allover again.Googled for crazy and there seem to be a LOT of problems with multisession compiling.Don't know what to do.

Beans
    Distro

Maybe there's something wrong with your burner.

Beans
    Distro

I've just checked Brasero...seems you need to press "Import" before you add new files and then burn. (I've never used it before so could be wrong but that's what just worked for me)
    In K3b after you press Burn goto the 4th tab with says "misc", there's a drop down that lets you select Multisession or words to that effect. My Auto does it for me so I don't need to override the default.
    If non of this works I would seriously question your DVD drive. I have a USB and internal DVD drive and they work fine with 9.04, as they did with 8.x-6.x also.

Could it be a problem with the jumper settings on the back of the drive?
    Last edited by laidback; November 30th, 2009 at 06:28 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well,I was beginning to think it was that kind of problem but I tried in windows and nero just did what it used to.It's not that I can't burn,it's just that (in the ones that don't disappear) I always get an error.By dissappearing,I mean,in the midst of whatever I'm doing,(especially gnomebaker and brasero),after the errors,they just shut down.

Beans
    Distro

Have you created a new CD/DVD in Ubuntu with Brasero/K3b yet? (not multisession or RW).
    Various references to error 255 if you Google it, but I'm not sure that they are relevant.
    Do you have permission to write to the drive?, not that I know how to check for this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Laidback.Sorry but I'll have to get back to you later.Vista (this is a dual boot)had a major crash,still busy cleaning up the mess.Had to reinstall everything,still a bit buggy.
    Did I burn a clean dvd yet?Yeah,sure,that works fine.It's just adding data that doesn't work.
    Gnomebaker and brasero tend to dissappear in the midst of things though (it's pretty much a common thing,according to the many threads on this)and K3b keeps giving errors.
    I think,although it should be not,one has to be lucky in the sense that one's system is capable of running ubuntu on it.Same thing with my bluetooth.Just can't get it to work.Even worse,it makes the paired devices crash.But hey,one can't have it all I guess.Some systems won't run ubuntu all together.But first,getting ubuntu to work again now.
    Hey,thanks for the energy you put into this allready.
    I'll let you know later if I got that multisession burning going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast