Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: partitioning question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: partitioning question

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Same Gparted if you are going the latest version. Probably won't make any difference and no different options.
    Yep, just finished discovering that. *sigh* I can't figure out why it's not letting me do what I want. Very frustating. Appreciate everyone's help. Hopefully someone figures it out.

/Kevin

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Can you try to reinstall Ubuntu and during the installation set the parameters of the partition?

That may not be as eloquent as combining two partitions but it would at least address the problem.

The other possibility is formatting the partition in question with ext4 and seeing if that resolves the merging.
    My wiki page ... ATI 9.11 & Ubuntu 9.10 ... Time Capsule ... Ubuntu in 5 years!
    Brainstorm ideas ...Stop Blank Screen ... Gui Xorg Edit

Ubuntu is reinventing the wheel ... making it round.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by u.b.u.n.t.u View Post
    Can you try to reinstall Ubuntu and during the installation set the parameters of the partition?

That may not be as eloquent as combining two partitions but it would at least address the problem.

The other possibility is formatting the partition in question with ext4 and seeing if that resolves the merging.
    I tried your latter suggestion of formatting the partition as ext4, but that didn't help.

In the end, I'm probably just going to do nothing. When the next version of Ubuntu comes out (hey, it's only 4.5 months away), I'll just wipe the Linux partitions out and redo 'em then. Thank you all for your help!

/Kevin

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Alpha 1 of Lucid Lynx is scheduled for 10 December. That may be worth taking a look at out of interest.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule

Ubuntu 9.10 is being updated regularly so the wait may not be that long.
    My wiki page ... ATI 9.11 & Ubuntu 9.10 ... Time Capsule ... Ubuntu in 5 years!
    Brainstorm ideas ...Stop Blank Screen ... Gui Xorg Edit

Ubuntu is reinventing the wheel ... making it round.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I had the same problem until..now ^^. I found why GParted from the Ubuntu LiveCD couldn't resize the ext4 partition. This happened because the live CD used the swap partition on hard drive. So all you have to do is just right click on the swap partition and "swapoff". After that you'll be able to resize, move, etc..

Hope this helped!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12