Hello.

This is the situation. A bunch of computers, all on one large switch and each one with a fixed IP of a leased-line setup (real internet IP address).

Each one has a folder that needs to be shared in such a way that an admin machine has read-and-write access to it.

All machines run Ubuntu Jaunty, and as of yet it works with a desktop launcher with the command "nautilus smb://123.456.789/folder" (just an example, won't reveal the actual IP's).

However as of yesterday there is one new machine, a laptop, and it's purpose is to substitute the admin machine as in "admin off station, still able to work". The admin is myself and i can't figure out why i can perfectly access the specific shared folder on each machine while my laptop is plugged into that switch at the office but no access whatsoever when i am at home.

I guess the required changes have to be made on the machines that actually share the folders, so i would very much appreciate any information on how to get those folders shared over the internet, even across ISP's. And no, i don't mind if a password is asked if that is what's needed to make it work.

Many thanks in advance.....

Thanh