Thread: Printer suggestions for Ubuntu 9.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Printer suggestions for Ubuntu 9.10?

I have set up a friend with Ubuntu 9.10. She is happy with it, and is looking to get a printer. She has a limited income, and I've seen were Kodak has an inkjet printer were the cartridges are VERY cheap. Has anyone gotten this printer to work with Ubuntu? Does anyone have any suggestions as far as printers that work well with Ubuntu? The printers I have at home are all older, and have had no problem hooking them up. The concern is that the newer printers all hook up via the USB port. Thanks for your help and suggestions.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Printer suggestions for Ubuntu 9.10?

Anyone?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Beans

Hi:

I was in the same situation: Choose a good printer, nice and cheap and mostly Linux Compatible.

I looked up for drivers before to buy it.

And a good site to do it's: http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/p_...d_Printers.php

Regards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hunting around, I see where the Kodak printers do not work at all with Linux. I've seen were Brother offers Linux printer drivers in a .deb format. HP's typically work with Linux. So... that's what I've found out thus far. Thanks.

Beans

Hi:

Finally I bought an Epson Stylus CX8300 Printer and it's working fine. Including the scanner.

Regards