Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Windows 7

Beans

Re: Windows 7

After reading all opinions here's my few bucks.
    I'm sitting on both Win7 and Ubuntu, well, I have no probs with them at all,they're both fast, stable, but 7 still more comfortable than Ubuntu. And it REALLY FAST, 3 times faster than Vista, fast as XP. And that's not subjective opinion, I'm not fan of any OS, that's my objective opinion.

OS holywars is stupid. All should be in harmony, even relationships between OS.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I was recently blown away by their multitouch stuff. I don't know how it is underneath (it could be a lot of horrendous hacks), but, for example, you get kinetic scrolling in Explorer by clicking and dragging. (And a nice touch: when you hit the end, the scroll area doesn't wiggle, but the whole window springs up and then back. Makes sense).

The sad thing is that GTK should be able to do this, invisibly, for every existing application since it has always had a powerful scroll container widget. Unfortunately it doesn't yet and there is nothing on the roadmap to that end.

The gestures (eg: two fingers to zoom, essentially triggering a zoom button behind the scenes) stuff is cute, but rather useless.
    It seems that touch screen drivers enjoy disappearing at random, probably crashing. Happened with the earlier devices running Vista, too.

They have a really well produced software package ("MS Touch Pack") that they ship. The photos demo does an impressively terrible job of scaling and rotating photos when you drag them with two fingers, unless they are really far apart. The others are quite awesome, especially the air hockey thing.

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

omg linux fanboys, etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by ade234uk View Post
    I'm sick of hearing about Windows 7. This is an Ubuntu forum, and if people wish to discuss this why don't they put this on a Windows 7 forum.

Would be able to discuss Ubuntu on an Official Microsoft Forum if they had one. The answer would probably be no, so why do it here.
    They do have one. It's the MSDN forums. I've seen Ubuntu die hards evangelizing Ubuntu and Linux on Windows forums much more than I've seen Windows being evangelized on Linux forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Excedio View Post
    Call me crazy but...maybe because they want an Ubuntu users perspective? I'm for creating a forum within the forum to allow discussion of Windows.

$.02
    They already tried that. We used to have an 'Other OS Talks' subforum with a subforum within it specifically for Windows. They did away with the entire 'Other OS Talks' subforum because they thought it was irrelevant and not worth moderating.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    They do have one. It's the MSDN forums. I've seen Ubuntu die hards evangelizing Ubuntu and Linux on Windows forums much more than I've seen Windows being evangelized on Linux forums.
    +1, I agree completely.

They already tried that. We used to have an 'Other OS Talks' subforum with a subforum within it specifically for Windows. They did away with the entire 'Other OS Talks' subforum because they thought it was irrelevant and not worth moderating.
    It was always interesting to cruise those forums. I learned mucho, about other distros, and operating systems.

Unfortunately, the powers to be here, thought resurrecting some form of "Join Discussion", and blending it with the support forums, was a priority over the "Other OS" stuff.

But hey, it's their game, and I guess one has to live with their vision of what a Ubuntu community might/should be.

Beans

Microsoft windows7 forum http://www.sevenforums.com/
    check it out use your own opinions look very much like Linux for compatibility problems
    I don't use win7.
    Last edited by kelvin spratt; November 30th, 2009 at 09:27 PM.
    The Dyslexic Moron. user 448495 running Arch Linux 64bt
    AMD 6000x2 64bit, Asus motherboard, 8Gb Ram,Nvidia 8500 1gb unboard ram graphics card, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, Sata 250 gb+Sata 500gb + 2 x 500 usb Hardrives,

Beans
    Hidden!

@ OP

This topic has been beaten to death, with lemon juice sprayed all over the wounds. Search the forums next time.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped OuT View Post
    @ OP

This topic has been beaten to death, with lemon juice sprayed all over the wounds. Search the forums next time.

Thread closed
    This account is not active.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234