Hi,

The reason I have it as annoyances instead of problems because its not that big a deal, but big enough to come here.

So, there are two issues:
1) Keypress. Apparently, this wasn't enabled by default so I went ahead and enabled in the system->preferences->keyboard. I also set my desired delay and speed. It worked (for sometime anyway). After a few minutes (its different each time), it stops working ie it doesn't repeat on keypress anymore (not in vi, netbeans, gedit, terminal etc. and for every key). So I open up the preferences, and nothing is changed. I just touch and move either the speed or delay slightly and it starts working again. But same thing, it stops working suddenly and I have to do the same thing again.

I have no idea what's wrong.

2) This is about the command key. I chose the keyboard layout options such that, the ctrl key is mapped to the win keys. This is good for quiting applications, opening/closing tabs in firefox etc but NOT good for switching between applications. That's still ALT+TAB. Now this is extremely annoying, when I switch to linux from mac or vice versa. Is there a way to map alt key functionality to command key as well? I tried "ctrl key is mapped to alt key and alt key is mapped to win key" from the alt/win key behavior under layout options. But this didn't work, it changed the way ctrl behaves, but didn't change alt.

Thanks.