Thread: Pandora not working in 9.10

Beans

Unhappy Pandora not working in 9.10

I have been using Pandora as a web app for about a year now, but suddenly with my upgrade to 9.10, Pandora no longer works. Usually I cannot even sign in. On the rare chance that I do get the sign in screen to appear, and actually authenticate, I cannot select any channels.

Has anyone experienced this and fixed it?

Here are some relevant packages I have installed:

Code:
    $ sudo dpkg -l | grep -i flash
    ii  flashplugin-installer                10.0.32.18ubuntu1                          Adobe Flash Player plugin installer
    $ sudo dpkg -l | grep -i firefox
    ii  firefox                              3.5.5+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.10.1            meta package for the popular mozilla web bro
    ii  firefox-3.5                          3.5.5+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.10.1            safe and easy web browser from Mozilla
    ii  firefox-3.5-branding                 3.5.5+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.10.1            Package that ships the firefox branding
    ii  firefox-3.5-gnome-support            3.5.5+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.10.1            Support for Gnome in Mozilla Firefox
    ii  firefox-gnome-support                3.5.5+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.10.1            meta package pointing to the latest gnome-su
    ii  ubufox                               0.8-0ubuntu1                               Ubuntu Firefox specific configuration defaul
    uname -a:
    Code:
    $ uname -a
    Linux raven 2.6.31-15-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 10 14:53:52 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Beans

Unhappy Re: Pandora not working in 9.10

I tried installing the library straight from Adobe, but that doesn't work. Their documentation on the simple install procedure isn't even accurate. What a bunch of wankers.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Pandora not working in 9.10

I also tried the instructions from http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Inter...ux-42958.shtml

YouTube works alright, but sites like Pandora and Hulu do not.

Beans

Re: Pandora not working in 9.10

No love?

Beans

Re: Pandora not working in 9.10

Running x64 with Chromium and Pandora/Hula are fine. I know there was a issue for flash where you had to right click a flash button, then move the cursor away from the button then left click an open area, then you could go back and left click button and it would work fine. That is no longer the issue but I dont know if it was a chromium issue or a flash issue. Try it.
    Also this link is to install x64 flash, works perfect

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1259102

good luck

darco
    Reason: no beans

Beans

Smile Re: Pandora not working in 9.10

That seems to have worked, thanks! It appears this was the part I was missing:

Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/