Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you create a theme (Ubuntu)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How do you create a theme (Ubuntu)?

Ok, so I'm pretty much stuck with the [customize] feature? Well, I was hoping for something more complicated, but unless i program my own (which isnt gonna happen cuz i have no clue about programing), then im screwed. And I'm still waiting on the Emerald tutorial, also, if anyone knows of one...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Themes are store here

/usr/share/themes

From there you can be pick one and start modifying it !

Not to mess your system, you probably better of installing virtualbox from sun, install your ubuntu version there and mess all you want with them.

Rememeber to create a share folder outside to save your work !

Hint : to save time and trouble after installing everything on the virtual machine simply copy the file of the guest system in /home/ <your user name> /.VirtualBox/Machines.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by momrocker View Post
    Ok, so I'm pretty much stuck with the [customize] feature? Well, I was hoping for something more complicated, but unless i program my own (which isnt gonna happen cuz i have no clue about programing), then im screwed. And I'm still waiting on the Emerald tutorial, also, if anyone knows of one...
    Actually, what we mean is that you can edit any theme you like with Gedit (for the text files) and Gimp (for the images). As the previous poster suggested, it's best to make sure you don't actually edit the themes directly, in case things don't turn out as well as you like.

You can use these codes in your terminal to make a backup of Ubuntu's themes.
    To backup the themes
    Code:
    sudo cp -r /usr/share/themes /usr/share/themesbackup
    To restore them later you can:
    Code:
    sudo cp -r /usr/share/themesbackup /usr/share/themes
    Hope this helps.
    James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12