Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Install Wizardpen driver for Iball tablet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Smile Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

Hi guys, I'm a Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx newbie and I had the exact same problem as enixon: Despite my following the instructions the 0.7.0 driver simply wouldn't install and would spew (an identical) screenful of error messages. In the end I found the advice here at page 20 of the thread: I manually installed the 0.7.3 version from https://launchpad.net/~doctormo/+arc...untu1_i386.deb and it worked wonders. Yahoo!
    (Although I wonder...shouldn't adding the PPA: doctorMO thingy to Software Sources and reloading have done the same thing? Coz it certainly didn't.)
    Thanks a bunch! I wish installing the driver weren't such a tiresome experience...having to rake for some bits of useful info in the forums and such

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

Does anybody get to make his/her tablet work on ubuntu 10.10 ???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

Do you have any idea if it works on ubuntu 10.10 (pre-release) ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

[QUOTE=drpjkurian;8384507]Hi Guys
    In this thread you will come to know how to install wizardpen drivers for your Tablets and mousepen in plain and easy steps.

Wizardpen drivers are meant for following pen tablets. They are as following
    # Acecad Flair II GT-504
    # DigiPro 5.5×4” Graphics Tablet
    # Digital Ink Pad (A4 format)
    # G-pen
    # Genius Wizardpen
    # Genius Mousepen
    # Genius
    # iBall
    # Manhattan
    # Pentagram
    # QWare
    # Trust TB-3100
    # Trust TB-5300
    # Trust TB-6300
    # iBall Tablet PF806
    # AIPTEK HyperPen 10000 U ("UC-LOGIC TWA60")
    # Medion MD 85673 USB Grafiktablett P82012
    # Intellipen Pro(EPOS EPOS Pen Digitizer)
    # NGS Draw Master Tablet (UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U)

Do you have any idea if it works on Ubuntu 10.10 (pre-release)???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Wait and watch buddy
    With regards
    Dr Kurian
    Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.

Beans

I've installed the new drivers zuzkafuska mentioned on 10.10. I currently have a tablet which works but only moves the mouse when I touch it as apposed to hover over the tablet with the pen. The buttons work, Just this one little detail to fix. Is there a calibration process for these new drivers I can use?
    Thanks for your time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

That's more than I had under 10.10 all I got was the cursor moving to the top left all the time, different tablet though.
    As far as I know it's not fixed yet ? but then the rc for 10.10 isn't out yet.
    " It darkle's tinct tint, all this,our fun animal world "
    The shed and beyond.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey there,

I've got a genius G-Pen F350 and i've managed to get it working well(almost). It tracks nicely and was properly calibrated from the get-go. The buttons work, but there is something strange happening.

the cursor can be moved until a any of the buttons (or the nib) is used to click on something, at which point the cursor will stay in place.
    Keeping the button pressed down and moving the stylus will drag whatever you clicked on until the button is released, at which point the cursor stops responding to the stylus movements.

To get the cursor to move again, you can click a button somewhere else on the tablet, and the cursor will jump there (and then you have the same problem again)
    or you can lift the stylus out of the tablet's range (1-2 inches) and put it back, at which point it functions normally until you next click.

There are a few other guys i've seen with the same problem with this tablet, and any help would be appreciated.

Oh, i'm using 10.04, and the 9.04 'fix' doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,
    Tango91

EDIT: i fixed it although i'm not sure how. the last thing i did was change both instances of MatchDevicePath in 70-wizardpen.conf to "/dev/input/event6"

i'm not sure quite why this is favoured over the device name in this field, as specified in the howto, but it seems to work now. I've been playing with it for hours but apparently this was the magic combination.

i'll post the entirety of my 70-wizardpen.conf just in case anyone is in a similar situation.

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "wizardpen"
    MatchIsTablet "on"
    MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event6"

Option "Device" "/dev/input/event6"
    Option "TopX" "158"
    Option "TopY" "185"
    Option "BottomX" "10000"
    Option "BottomY" "6000"

Driver "wizardpen"
    EndSection
    Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "wizardpen ignore mouse dev"
    MatchIsTablet "on"
    MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event6"
    MatchVendor "UC-LOGIC|KYE Systems|Ace Cad"
    Driver ""
    EndSection
    Last edited by Tango91; September 18th, 2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: i fixed it!

Beans

Hi!

I just installed the wizardpen driver (from ppa:doctormo/xorg-wizardpen) for 10.10 (x86_64). It works fine, but it killed the splashscreen/upstart

It just falls back to a regular linux login prompt. When i log in and run 'sudo service gdm start' from there I get a regular gdm login-screen and the tablet (a UC-Logic clone branded by Trust) works perfectly.

Any suggestions as to what is wrong or how to fix?

Many TIA!

Beans

Hi Dr. Kurian,

I have installed WP8060U iball tablet on ubuntu and it is working fine. I want the pen to work on a specific application. Is this possible to do?
    I have a browser based application and I want the pen to be active only in the writable area and should be inactive in other places. Basically i would like to map the tablet scope to a particular area in the screen. How do i go about?

Regards,
    Radpal

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast