Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Install Wizardpen driver for Iball tablet

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

Hi. I installed all the necessary packages to use the Trust Tablet, just to make some tests.
    Now I do not have the tablet any more. How to uninstall all the related packages, please?

Take in account I've been installing
    Code:
    ~$ sudo aptitude install xutils libx11-dev libxext-dev build-essential xautomation xinput xserver-xorg-dev

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Initializing package states... Done
    Writing extended state information... Done
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      libpciaccess-dev{a} libpixman-1-dev{a} libpthread-stubs0{a} 
      libpthread-stubs0-dev{a} libx11-dev libxau-dev{a} libxcb1-dev{a} 
      libxdmcp-dev{a} libxext-dev x11proto-core-dev{a} x11proto-dri2-dev{a} 
      x11proto-fonts-dev{a} x11proto-input-dev{a} x11proto-kb-dev{a} 
      x11proto-randr-dev{a} x11proto-render-dev{a} x11proto-video-dev{a} 
      x11proto-xext-dev{a} xautomation xserver-xorg-dev xtrans-dev{a} xutils 
    0 packages upgraded, 22 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 3,721kB of archives. After unpacking 10.4MB will be used.
    before installing wizardpen-0.7.0-alpha2.

Also, take in account that after installing those packages and rebooting the system I had some video problems, as described before in this thread.
    Actually I suppose I should run 'sudo make uninstall' into the wizardpen folder, then remove that folder and eventually remove all of those packages through Synaptic.

I'm afraid to run into video problems once more, this time because of uninstalling. That's why I'm waiting for some suggestion before making some mess.

Thanks for your time.
    Regards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi gaintsura and Tony Flury,

You both are indicating that you have, in addition to the 99-x11-wizardpen.fdi, a xorg.conf configuring your tablet. You should use one or the other. While you can theoretically use both, in practice it tends not to work so well.

The xorg.conf is executed after the .fdi and since it is last it's settings should control. So changes made in the .fdi will/can be overridden. Since both of you are making the ScreenX or Y changes in the .fdi but not the xorg.conf that may be the problem. Although since there are no Screen entries in the xorg.conf's the entries in the .fdi should theoretically apply.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Part of my problem I think I have is that each time i plug in the tablet or restart Linux I get a new /dev/input/event<xx>

Which means that the tablet tends to stop working and i need to recalibrate.

So is there anyway of making this permanent.
    Tony - Happy to try to help.
    Unless otherwise stated - all code posted by me is untested. Remember to Mark the Thread as Solved.
    Ubuntu user number # 24044 Projects : TimeWarp - on the fly Backups

Beans
    Distro

Hi gaintsura and Tony Flury,

Well the .fdi should handle that automatically.

To do it through the xorg.conf you have to use the actual usb pci by-path or construct a symlink rule to add to “/etc/udev/rules.d/” (the old location). Which is where custom rules are suppose to go, not in "/lib/udev/rules.d/"

Otherwise you are correct. Event numbers can change.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by drpjkurian View Post
    Hi Tony
    Please overhaul your.fdi file by using the command
    Code:
    gksudo gedit  /etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi
    Delete everything and paste the following text in it

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>

<!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">5619</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">6554</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">29405</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">29671</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">29405</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">29671</merge>
    <merge key="info.product" type="string">stylus</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>
    Let me know the outcome
    Dr Kurian
    Adding in those two lines effectively disabled the tablet completely. I was able to use calibrate (so something was working), but the tablet stopped moving the mouse pointer.

I am not sure which line is the problem - but I note that the SendCoreEvents is a duplicate - is that the problem ?
    Unless otherwise stated - all code posted by me is untested. Remember to Mark the Thread as Solved.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Tony Flury,

Likely. Remove:
    Code:
    And add just:
    Code:
    here:
    Code:
    At least I think that's what Dr. Kurian is saying.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quoting myself.
    Hope there will be some reply.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by manolomanolo View Post
    Hi. I installed all the necessary packages to use the Trust Tablet, just to make some tests.
    Now I do not have the tablet any more. How to uninstall all the related packages, please?

Take in account I've been installing
    Code:
    ~$ sudo aptitude install xutils libx11-dev libxext-dev build-essential xautomation xinput xserver-xorg-dev

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Initializing package states... Done
    Writing extended state information... Done
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      libpciaccess-dev{a} libpixman-1-dev{a} libpthread-stubs0{a} 
      libpthread-stubs0-dev{a} libx11-dev libxau-dev{a} libxcb1-dev{a} 
      libxdmcp-dev{a} libxext-dev x11proto-core-dev{a} x11proto-dri2-dev{a} 
      x11proto-fonts-dev{a} x11proto-input-dev{a} x11proto-kb-dev{a} 
      x11proto-randr-dev{a} x11proto-render-dev{a} x11proto-video-dev{a} 
      x11proto-xext-dev{a} xautomation xserver-xorg-dev xtrans-dev{a} xutils 
    0 packages upgraded, 22 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 3,721kB of archives. After unpacking 10.4MB will be used.
    before installing wizardpen-0.7.0-alpha2.

Also, take in account that after installing those packages and rebooting the system I had some video problems, as described before in this thread.
    Actually I suppose I should run 'sudo make uninstall' into the wizardpen folder, then remove that folder and eventually remove all of those packages through Synaptic.

I'm afraid to run into video problems once more, this time because of uninstalling. That's why I'm waiting for some suggestion before making some mess.

Thanks for your time.
    Regards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi Tony Flury,

Likely. Remove:
    Code:
    And add just:
    Code:
    here:
    Code:
    At least I think that's what Dr. Kurian is saying.
    Ok - following advice elsewhere in this thread - I have gone with an FDI only solution - and got rid of the Section in xorg.conf. I know that the device works - i can calibrate it each time i boot without a problem - I just can't get the Tablet to consistently move the mouse cursor at all - as i type this the tablet is not recognised as a mouse.

either including (or not) the stylus line in the fdi file has made no difference.

SO where else do i need to look to ensure that the config is right and that I can get this tablet working consistently.

/etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U">

<!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">1919</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">3455</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">30616</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">29941</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">30616</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">29941</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">1440</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">900</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Any help would be appreciated - I have tried to follow all the advice in this thread - and to be honest the only time it sort of worked was when i had both the fdi and the xorg.conf at the same time (but then I was limited to the tope 1/4 of the tablet).

Beans
    Distro

Hi Tony Flury,

Alright, let's see what's happening with the wizardpen driver. Assuming your using the .fdi in post #68 please attach the ouput of the following:
    Code:
    xinput --list
    Code:
    lshal>TonyFlury_lshal.txt
    And the Xorg.0.log in /var/log/.

The lshal and Xorg.0.log will be too large to upload through Manage Attachments so right click on them and compress them with Create Archive.

Hi manolomanolo,

It looks like you're having a problem with your Intel video chipset. You could probably find a fix for that. There's a couple good threads for that.

In the unpacked wizardpen-0.7.0-alpha2 "sudo ./uninstall". And then remove the dependency packages through Synaptic Package Manager or "sudo aptitude remove etc.".

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast