Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 340

Thread: Install Wizardpen driver for Iball tablet

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Beans
    2

    Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

    I "fixed" it by setting the calibration numbers to correspond to the (double) screen ratio.
    Sucks because I can only use a quarter of the pad to write on.

    But the aspect ratio is spot on

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mangalore India
    Beans
    808
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas the Solitary View Post
    I "fixed" it by setting the calibration numbers to correspond to the (double) screen ratio.
    Sucks because I can only use a quarter of the pad to write on.

    But the aspect ratio is spot on
    Hi thomas
    Good. You got it working to some extent.

    Dr Kurian

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    7

    Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

    I'm having problems getting my tablet to act like the same screen size. One laptop runs 1280x1024, the other is 800x600 or 1024x768, both of them lock the tablets space in about 3 inches wide by 2 inches high, leaving the rest of the tablet to put the mouse off screen. I tried working with the x,y paramaters in both the .fdi and the xorg config, but no matter what numbers I've set here I cannot get this to change.

    One system is debian lenny [which btw, this all works on]

    The other is ubuntu hardy.

    Thanks in advance!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Beans
    9,635
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

    Hi Dr Kurian, Thomas the Solitary, and gaintsura,

    Has anyone tried the "ScreenX" and "ScreenY" settings yet?

    Thomas the Solitary would try:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">1920</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">1080</merge>
    Added under the last tablet coordinate line:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">32762</merge>
    And gaintsura would use:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">1280</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">1024</merge>
    and the for the other laptop it would depend on the resolution.

    To check on the screen coordinates (dimensions) the wizardpen driver sees try entering in a terminal:
    Code:
    xinput list Tablet
    If that does map the tablet to the screen you could vary it a little to get the aspect ratio "spot on".

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mangalore India
    Beans
    808
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

    Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi Dr Kurian, Thomas the Solitary, and gaintsura,

    Has anyone tried the "ScreenX" and "ScreenY" settings yet?

    Thomas the Solitary would try:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">1920</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">1080</merge>
    Added under the last tablet coordinate line:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">32762</merge>
    And gaintsura would use:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">1280</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">1024</merge>
    and the for the other laptop it would depend on the resolution.

    To check on the screen coordinates (dimensions) the wizardpen driver sees try entering in a terminal:
    Code:
    xinput list Tablet
    If that does map the tablet to the screen you could vary it a little to get the aspect ratio "spot on".
    Dear Favux

    Thank you very much. I feel that I have learnt something new from you.


    With regards
    Dr Kurian

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UK
    Beans
    1,450
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

    OK - I have the table working sort of - it detects movement - but only can use a very small proportion of the tablet - and not the full screen

    I attach my fdi file and xorg.conf file :

    /etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi (as you can see I am using the screen options as suggested.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>
    
                    <!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">1919</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">3455</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">30616</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">29941</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">30616</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">29941</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">1440</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">900</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>
    xorg.conf extract
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
            Identifier      "WizardPen Tablet"
            Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
    	Driver		"wizardpen"
    	Option		"TopX"		"1919"
    	Option		"TopY"		"3455"
    	Option		"BottomX"	"30616"
    	Option		"BottomY"	"29941"
    	Option		"MaxX"		"30616"
    	Option		"MaxY"		"29941"
    EndSection
    xlist input (extract)
    Code:
    "UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U"	id=5	[XExtensionPointer]
    	Num_buttons is 6
    	Num_axes is 3
    	Mode is Absolute
    	Motion_buffer is 256
    	Axis 0 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 1440
    		Resolution is 1000
    	Axis 1 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 900
    		Resolution is 1000
    	Axis 2 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 1023
    		Resolution is 1000
    I would prefer clearly to be able to use the whole tablet.
    Tony - Happy to try to help.
    Unless otherwise stated - all code posted by me is untested. Remember to Mark the Thread as Solved.
    Ubuntu user number # 24044 Projects : TimeWarp - on the fly Backups

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    7

    Thumbs down Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

    Well, unfortunately, to no avail; I have not gotten any of the settings on my tablet to get my tablet to the right resolution or center properly. I've included my fdi and xorg, I did modify the input information because I found that this information is actually created when the device is there, but not there when it is not and seems much more reliable than a /dev/input/eventX to determine if the device exits.

    Xorg.conf:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
            Identifier      "WizardPen Tablet"
            Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
            Driver          "wizardpen"
            Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/by-id/usb-UC-LOGIC_Tablet_WP8060U-event-mouse"
            Option          "TopX"          "200"
            Option          "TopY"          "200"
    	Option		"TopZ"		"-10"
            Option          "BottomX"       "323710"
            Option          "BottomY"       "323640"
    	Option		"BottomZ"	"511"
            Option          "MaxX"          "323710"
            Option          "MaxY"          "323640"
    	Option		"MaxZ"		"511"
    EndSection
    .fdi file
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>
    
                    <!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">200</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">200</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.TopZ" type="string">-10</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">323710</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">326340</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.BottomZ" type="string">511</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">323710</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">323640</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.MaxZ" type="string">511</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">1280</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">800</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>
    xinput list
    Code:
    "UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U"	id=7	[XExtensionPointer]
    	Num_buttons is 6
    	Num_axes is 3
    	Mode is Absolute
    	Motion_buffer is 256
    	Axis 0 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 1280
    		Resolution is 1000
    	Axis 1 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 800
    		Resolution is 1000
    	Axis 2 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 1023
    		Resolution is 1000
    None of this seems to actually help the situation. Center is still 2 inches down and 3 inches in on the tablet. End of screen to end of tablet is about center on the tablet.

    Also note that in an effort to fix this. I did change the X,Y settings by adding a 0 to the end of the digits to see if this might fix the problem, however it did not.

    Does the Z value accept negative numbers? even at '10' the pen is still about 2/3 inches above the tablet before it activates, I thought the tablet was suppose to be touched, which I assume means negative numbers now?

    Thanks

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mangalore India
    Beans
    808
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

    Quote Originally Posted by gaintsura View Post
    Well, unfortunately, to no avail; I have not gotten any of the settings on my tablet to get my tablet to the right resolution or center properly. I've included my fdi and xorg, I did modify the input information because I found that this information is actually created when the device is there, but not there when it is not and seems much more reliable than a /dev/input/eventX to determine if the device exits.

    Xorg.conf:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
            Identifier      "WizardPen Tablet"
            Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
            Driver          "wizardpen"
            Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/by-id/usb-UC-LOGIC_Tablet_WP8060U-event-mouse"
            Option          "TopX"          "200"
            Option          "TopY"          "200"
    	Option		"TopZ"		"-10"
            Option          "BottomX"       "323710"
            Option          "BottomY"       "323640"
    	Option		"BottomZ"	"511"
            Option          "MaxX"          "323710"
            Option          "MaxY"          "323640"
    	Option		"MaxZ"		"511"
    EndSection
    .fdi file
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>
    
                    <!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">200</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">200</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.TopZ" type="string">-10</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">323710</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">326340</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.BottomZ" type="string">511</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">323710</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">323640</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.MaxZ" type="string">511</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">1280</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">800</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>
    xinput list
    Code:
    "UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U"	id=7	[XExtensionPointer]
    	Num_buttons is 6
    	Num_axes is 3
    	Mode is Absolute
    	Motion_buffer is 256
    	Axis 0 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 1280
    		Resolution is 1000
    	Axis 1 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 800
    		Resolution is 1000
    	Axis 2 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 1023
    		Resolution is 1000
    None of this seems to actually help the situation. Center is still 2 inches down and 3 inches in on the tablet. End of screen to end of tablet is about center on the tablet.

    Also note that in an effort to fix this. I did change the X,Y settings by adding a 0 to the end of the digits to see if this might fix the problem, however it did not.

    Does the Z value accept negative numbers? even at '10' the pen is still about 2/3 inches above the tablet before it activates, I thought the tablet was suppose to be touched, which I assume means negative numbers now?

    Thanks
    Hi Giantsure
    Please note that you have mentioned the resolution of your external screen as 800 x 600 in post #21 of this thread. I presume that the problem lies in your .fdi. I have highlighted the mistake in your .fdi file in bold red. In the light of Favux's advice your .fdi file should be like this
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>
    
                    <!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">200</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">200</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.TopZ" type="string">-10</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">323710</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">326340</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.BottomZ" type="string">511</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">323710</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">323640</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.MaxZ" type="string">511</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">800</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">600</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>
    Dr Kurian

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mangalore India
    Beans
    808
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Flury View Post
    OK - I have the table working sort of - it detects movement - but only can use a very small proportion of the tablet - and not the full screen

    I attach my fdi file and xorg.conf file :

    /etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi (as you can see I am using the screen options as suggested.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>
    
                    <!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">1919</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">3455</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">30616</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">29941</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">30616</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">29941</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">1440</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">900</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>
    xorg.conf extract
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
            Identifier      "WizardPen Tablet"
            Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
    	Driver		"wizardpen"
    	Option		"TopX"		"1919"
    	Option		"TopY"		"3455"
    	Option		"BottomX"	"30616"
    	Option		"BottomY"	"29941"
    	Option		"MaxX"		"30616"
    	Option		"MaxY"		"29941"
    EndSection
    xlist input (extract)
    Code:
    "UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U"	id=5	[XExtensionPointer]
    	Num_buttons is 6
    	Num_axes is 3
    	Mode is Absolute
    	Motion_buffer is 256
    	Axis 0 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 1440
    		Resolution is 1000
    	Axis 1 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 900
    		Resolution is 1000
    	Axis 2 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 1023
    		Resolution is 1000
    I would prefer clearly to be able to use the whole tablet.
    Hi Tony
    Please overhaul your.fdi file by using the command
    Code:
    gksudo gedit  /etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi
    Delete everything and paste the following text in it

    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>
    
                    <!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">5619</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">6554</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">29405</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">29671</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">29405</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">29671</merge>
    <merge key="info.product" type="string">stylus</merge>
          <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>
    Let me know the outcome
    Dr Kurian

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    7

    Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

    Quote Originally Posted by drpjkurian View Post
    Hi Giantsure
    Please note that you have mentioned the resolution of your external screen as 800 x 600 in post #21 of this thread. I presume that the problem lies in your .fdi. I have highlighted the mistake in your .fdi file in bold red. In the light of Favux's advice your .fdi file should be like this
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>
    
                    <!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">200</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">200</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.TopZ" type="string">-10</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">323710</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">326340</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.BottomZ" type="string">511</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">323710</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">323640</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.MaxZ" type="string">511</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenX" type="string">800</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenY" type="string">600</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>
    Dr Kurian
    Dr Kurian,

    I am using this tablet on two different systems, one has a resolution of 1280x800, the other is 800x600. I also made the same changes (but used 800 and 600) on my second system, this also did not work on that system.

    System one has the settings I pasted above (using 1280x800)

    Thanks.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •