Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Install Wizardpen driver for Iball tablet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

Quote Originally Posted by techno-mole View Post
    have you looked at the launchpad page for wizardpen ? there was a bug on there that kept the cursor in the top left, but its fixed now, at least for genius tablets I guess, I would have thought it would also be fixed for others, which version of ubuntu are you using ?

launchpad bug - https://bugs.launchpad.net/wizardpen/+bug/526003

if you arent having any luck I would recommend posting a bug on launchpad under the wizardpen section.
    Hi
    I also have the same problem of cursor stucking in the left corner. But the solution mentioned in the launchpad did not solve my problem, Instead I lost my keypad function. I had to rewrite my xorg.config
    With regards
    Dr Kurian
    Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm beginning to think this is a specific tablet issue, all the iball tablets seem to have the same issue, the genius ones seem to be fine (at least from what I can tell) by specific I mean there seems to be something about this tablet that operates in a slightly different way to the genius tablets, although I'm stuffed if I know what the difference is.

I shouldn't really comment as I'm using linux mint at the moment, fancied a change (and it's not that different to ubuntu anyway) but I installed the wizardpen driver this morning and it runs fine, no issues, which again points at there being a slight difference in the operation of the 2 tablet makes.

Again all I can suggest is post a bug report on launchpad and include your xorg logs.
    " It darkle's tinct tint, all this,our fun animal world "
    The shed and beyond.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi,

I'm beginning to think this is a specific tablet issue, all the iball tablets seem to have the same issue: i.e. "cursor stuck in the left corner"
    That's exactly the sort of thing DoctorMO is trying to get feedback from testers on to improve the driver. See: https://launchpad.net/~wizardpen-testers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

wizardpen driver does not work in my configuration... Cursor runs to the left upper corner and stands there.

I have
    Code:
    5543:0004 UC-Logic Technology Corp. Genius MousePen 5x4 Tablet
    as lsusb said.
    Code:
    N: Name="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U"
    as grep -i name /proc/bus/input/devices said.
    And market name is Genius Easypen i405.
    And I have Ubuntu 10.04.
    I have two displays. I think this is a problem for that driver. Because it works with my notebook. Or Ubuntu version - at notebook I have Ubuntu 9.10.
    http://ubuntu4us.wordpress.com - New World Computer Religion... Ubuntu with Us! Join Us!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Offoffoff View Post
    wizardpen driver does not work in my configuration... Cursor runs to the left upper corner and stands there.

I have
    Code:
    5543:0004 UC-Logic Technology Corp. Genius MousePen 5x4 Tablet
    as lsusb said.
    Code:
    as grep -i name /proc/bus/input/devices said.
    And market name is Genius Easypen i405.
    And I have Ubuntu 10.04.
    I have two displays. I think this is a problem for that driver. Because it works with my notebook. Or Ubuntu version - at notebook I have Ubuntu 9.10.
    Hi
    Hope it will be resolved
    With regards
    Dr Kurian
    Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.

Beans

Hello,
    I use lucid lynx (amd64, cleanly updated), with a genius tablet which by typing :
    Code:
    cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/product
    is detected as :
    Code:
    Tablet WP5540U
    I installed the driver with apt-get using the ppa indicated in the tutorial from the doc (from ppa:doctormo/xorg-wizardpen)
    I restarted and the cursor moves but it seems to jump between 2 positions fast and hence isn't usable at all.
    To be clearer, here's an example of what I got with GIMP while trying to trace a simple strait line :

Do you have any idea of what I can do ? Does anybody experiments the same bug ?
    Thank you !

Beans
    Hidden!

I have just bought the Trust 1526 tablet and it does not work at all. When I started the computer it did originally light up the led and immediately go out, and it did not react to the pen. That has not changed since I have installed the wizardpen drivers.

Can anyones please suggest what I have done wrongly?

I have followed the advice here except I am using the synaptic version of wizardpen in Lucid.

I can see from the following it is properly installed:

Code:
    rob@rob-desktop:~$ ls /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.*
    /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.la
    /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.so
    rob@rob-desktop:~$
    Device Name

Code:
    grep -i name /proc/bus/input/devices
    N: Name="Power Button"
    N: Name="Power Button"
    N: Name="Macintosh mouse button emulation"
    N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
    N: Name="UVC Camera (046d:0990)"
    N: Name="HDA Digital PCBeep"
    N: Name="Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse"
    N: Name="C-Media USB Headphone Set  "
    rob@rob-desktop:~$
    gksudo gedit /etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="info.product" type="string">stylus</merge>
    		<merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>

<!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">5619</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">6554</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">29405</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">29671</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">29405</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">29671</merge>

</match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>

Robin
    PS
    Is it possible the failure is to do with my upgrading to Lucid rather than a fresh install? I am wondering if I am still using Xorg and thus it needs adjusting as well.
    Last edited by Robbyx; June 24th, 2010 at 12:51 PM.

Beans

Well the problem seems to be solved. But it's quite weird.
    I edited the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (generated by the installation of ATI proprietary driver, and edited automatically by the installation of wizardpen driver) and commented the line
    InpudDevice "Wizardpen Tablet" "AlwaysCore"
    in the ServerLayout section. and after reloading gdm, it worked. It seems like the tablet was detected two times, with 2 different calibrations, hence my problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi huit_six,

Interesting. "AlwaysCore" and "SendCoreEvent" are obsolete with Lucid's Xserver 1.7. But that's the first time I've seen it cause a problem. You can just remove them, like you did.

Beans
    Hidden!

Any chance of a reply to my message no 187?

I have looked in the xorg.conf and their is no mention of wizardpen.

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast