Thread: Unable to mount USB, Not Authorized

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Unable to mount USB, Not Authorized

Quote Originally Posted by dnquark View Post
    Just ran into this in Karmic. Annoying.

Do this:
    sudo users-admin, go to Properties > User Privileges and check "Mount user-space filesystems (FUSE)". Log out, log in, try connecting the drive again; it ought to work.
    I know this topic is old, but I want to say this worked perfectly.

Installed a second internal hard drive. Had same issues as OP.
    This fixed it! 30 minutes of searching and this fixed it just like that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Do this:
    sudo users-admin, go to Properties > User Privileges and check "Mount user-space filesystems (FUSE)". Log out, log in, try connecting the drive again; it ought to work.
    This didn't seem to fix the problem for me. Not only is iPod not detected automatically in banshee when connected (a previous bug that no one has fixed yet), now, there's no workaround for the previous bug at all. I can no longer manually mount the iPod or any USB storage device whatsoever.

Old banshee bug + new, freshly annoying bug = no more ipods, flash drives,.....

This is extremely irritating, and a really big distraction from my physics homework. All I want to do is work on my homework and listen to tunes.

why must the simplest things be so difficult?

PS: Sorry guys, just venting.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Ubuntu Registered User #29486

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by asuastrophysics View Post
    This didn't seem to fix the problem for me. Not only is iPod not detected automatically in banshee when connected (a previous bug that no one has fixed yet), now, there's no workaround for the previous bug at all. I can no longer manually mount the iPod or any USB storage device whatsoever.

Old banshee bug + new, freshly annoying bug = no more ipods, flash drives,.....

This is extremely irritating, and a really big distraction from my physics homework. All I want to do is work on my homework and listen to tunes.

why must the simplest things be so difficult?

PS: Sorry guys, just venting.
    solved by restarting computer 3-4 times.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Ubuntu Registered User #29486

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Same problem here, none of the suggestions have worked unfortunately. It happened since I used an external cdrom, which still shows on the list of drives even though no longer mounted - not sure how to get rid of it from the list, or if that is even the cause? Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by asuastrophysics View Post

new, freshly annoying bug = no more ipods
    If the symptom comes back, then it sounds like this bug: (Looks like the kernel has a regression!)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1450021
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; April 10th, 2010 at 01:51 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Many folks in this thread report that have dumped GDM and since then they experience the problem. In this case, make sure ck-launch-session somehow runs like this thread suggests.

UPDATE: It seems that there is a bug that prevents the disks to automatically mount. For more information see Bug #483130.
    Last edited by 666f6f; April 20th, 2010 at 01:46 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Do this:
    I'm trying to do a usb install & have the same unable to mount problem which keeps me from using the USB creator
    I don't follow the above solution.

I tried unbootin, which directed me to reformat to fat 32
    I wasn't able to run unbootin, but was able to run the usb creator successfully

I wrote it so I own it...
    Last edited by Garthhh; April 21st, 2010 at 05:52 PM.
    It's Nice How Free From the Restraints of Reality you are...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

All of the sudden I'm getting a "Not Autorized" error when I try to mount any file system. The above mentioned fixes didn't work

Robert
    Ubuntu 10.4

Edit: Maybe it's a problem with the latest kernel. I switched to the earlier version, and it's working fine.
    Last edited by rg_stephens; May 11th, 2010 at 07:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by 666f6f View Post
    Many folks in this thread report that have dumped GDM and since then they experience the problem. In this case, make sure ck-launch-session somehow runs like this thread suggests.

UPDATE: It seems that there is a bug that prevents the disks to automatically mount. For more information see Bug #483130.
    I moved from 8.04 to 10.4 this past weekend and thought the new and improved Gnome login screen was a step backwards in security so I replaced it with lxdm and was unable to mount *any* removable media in Gnome. Replaced lxdm with wdm and everything is fine.

This is a big, ol' kettle of stupid IMO.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Have installed ntfs-config package and was able to mount everything without any worning.

Regards.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast