Thread: problem after trying out 12.04 beta2

Beans

problem after trying out 12.04 beta2

I recently tried out the live CD of 12.04 64bit beta2, but did not install it. Now I am back using 11.10 64bit, I have problems when updates are available.I get a message saying CD/DVD 'Ubuntu 12.04LTS_Precise Pangolin_- Beta amd64(20120328) is required. When I insert the disk a message says Failed to download package files, check your internet connection. The details show failed to fetch cdrom ubuntu 12.04 lts
    My system is a desktop alienware amd 64 4000+ with 2gb ram,ubuntu 11.10 dual booting with windows xp.
    I thought the idea of using a live cd was that you can try out an OS without it affecting your current system.
    Does anyone know why this should happen when its not been installed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: problem after trying out 12.04 beta2

Live mode shouldn't change anything on your hdd.

Very weird. Take a look in Software Sources, in case somehow the 12.04 cd exists as a source there. Deselect any cd sources and leave only the online repositories.

Not sure if those options are at the Update tab in Software Sources or not, look around.
    Darko.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Beans

Smile Re: problem after trying out 12.04 beta2

Thanks. You were right. In software sources I deselected CD 12.04beta, as a source. Update manager now works perfectly.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: problem after trying out 12.04 beta2

Excellent. You can use Thread Tools at the top of this page to mark the thread as solved.