Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Configuring ufw to allow access to Windows Shares

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Configuring ufw to allow access to Windows Shares

I do see bugs referencing nautilus as culprit but that dates back, are you using Ubuntu 9.10? I know for a fact something was changed during the 8.04 to 8.10 release that caused these issues but you were still able to access using machine's physical IP address...

Registered Linux User #419773, Ubuntu User #8473 ("It Is What It Is")

If you type rm -Rf / as root at command line you will get herpes... then die... (okay, it'll erase ALL your data)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I added the " nf_conntrack_pptp and nf_conntrack_netbios_ns" to IPT_MODULES as in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...fw/+bug/360975, and it worked!! I don't even need to add the ports 139, 445,.....
    Thanks dca!

Now... I would like to learn and understand what I'm doing, hoping to be a power user some day...
    The thing I just did, what does it mean? What kind of configuration I modified?
    And how would I know that I needed to do that without asking?

Thanks!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by dca View Post
    Did you use the actual correct IP address of the windows box plus the share name (probably C$ or something like that or whatever you have it named?)

smb://192.xxx.xxx.xxx/c$
    Strangely, now I can open it without even specifying the share... i.e., just need to type the ip. Before I couldn't even with ufw disabled... Rather odd. :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12