Thread: New to the world of Kubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

New to the world of Kubuntu

So last night I installed Kubuntu 9.04 from a disc in a magazine. Immediately after I did the upgrade to 9.10. I would like to ask a few questions though.

While it's not really important, but doesn't Kubuntu come with any games? Somehow mine didn't, maybe that's normal. Is there a basic game package to install to get a few?

My other question is how do you uninstall programs. I'm in system settings right now, looking at the Add or Remove options, but nothing is listed

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks

Edit: I forgot to add, the taskbar seems kind of glitchy. I rearranged the clock, notification area, the desktop viewer, and desktop selector but they were automatically rearranged into weird places while restarting.
    Last edited by psam3; November 23rd, 2009 at 06:46 PM.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.1 ghz
    8 gb DDR2 800 PC2 6400 RAM
    640 gb Western Digital Caviar
    650 Watt power supply, ATI Radeon HD 4850 X2

Beans

Re: New to the world of Kubuntu

Use Kpackage Kit (Applications > System > Software Management) to add and remove software. Just type in the search bar what you are looking for. The KDE games package is called kdegames -- search for that, mark it for insallation by clicking on the down arrow on the right, and press the apply button. Not sure why your panel icons didn't stay where they were put, they should.