Thread: installation:"Remove disks or other media"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

installation:"Remove disks or other media"

I'm trying to dual boot windows 7 and karmic. Windows 7 installed great, and I downloaded 9.10 x64 (I have 4gb ram) but whenever I try to load karmic from the external hard drive I made using unetbootin, I get a black screen with the message "Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart". There are no disks or any other media, and I set the bios to boot from usb first. Anyone have this problem before? Anyone know how to fix it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Lightbulb Re: installation:"Remove disks or other media"

Check for other options in bios for boot order. Do you have usb cdrom or other device attached? In my bios I select the main boot options and then the order of the devices in that category in a separate entry. So when I select HDD I then have to specify which HDD as only one of the three will actually boot. Aside from that have a look here:
    http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showforum=79

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: installation:"Remove disks or other media"

hmmm... I checked out the link, and someone mentioned USBuntu... It's another live usb stick maker, so I gave it a shot. It made a perfect stick and I have ubuntu running perfectly. It's weird, I could have sworn it was a BIOs problem, but I guess unetbootin was just making faulty sticks...

Anyway, thanks for the link. Made my day