beta1 has been released. rc1 scheduled for July 20th.
The Multitouch X Driver driver uses the kernel MT protocol to bring multi-touch gestures to the Linux desktop.
You need an MT-enabled touchpad in order to use this driver.
- 2-Finger Scrolling
- Click with one Finger, Drag with another
- 3-Finger-Swipe: BTN 8 through 11
- Resize: BTN12 and 13
- Rotate: BTN15 and 15
- On-the-fly configuration (like synclient)
- Region for "thumb-click -> index-finger drag" should not be fixed size, but rather depending on relative positions.
if you're keen to try it out, grab the sources, and build them:
sudo aptitude install xserver-xorg-dev
afterwards add the following to your "/etc/X11/xorg.conf":
git clone http://bitmath.org/git/multitouch.git
make && sudo make install
Note: when you run into problems, please think for a moment, before asking. e.g. when ubuntu says, that it doesn't know "git", than that is something you can probably figure out without asking questions here...
- 15JUN2010 Multitouch v1.0-beta1 released. Tap-to-Click, Tap-and-Hold for Dragging, ... see here
- 15MAY2010 Multitouch v1.0-alpha3 released. Thumb detection, better support for integrated button trackpads, scaling and rotation gestures.
- 15APR2010 Multitouch v1.0-alpha2 released. Kudos to Arturo Castro for work on the integrated button trackpad.
- 01FEB2010 The Multitouch X Driver is now in alpha stage. You are welcome to contribute gestures to the project.
Disclaimer: this driver is mainly developed by Henrik Rydberg (kosumi68 ), not me. a few people (including me) contributed minor fixes - for more information see the git-log.